Ninja Gaiden & Ninja Daiden Black Question

Associate
Whats the difference between these 2 games please ?

Also will they both play on a 360 with out any faults as when i got Pro Evo 5 it played but had big black boarders which was annoying.

Thanks

Associate
Ninja Gaiden Black is basically Ninja Gaiden but with

-the Addon packs for Ninja Gaiden available on Xbox Live
-extra difficulty level
-a slightly expanded story
-scripted mission mode

basically you wouldnt need to buy Ninja Gaiden if you have Ninja Gaiden Black

Caporegime
I think only Ninja Gaiden Black is on the compatibility list. It's one I've been meaning to get but I just purchased the Splinter Cell trilogy instead. I seem to be spending more dosh on Xbox 1 titles rather than 360!

Soldato
Ninja Gaiden Black is basically the same as Ninja Gaiden + Hurricane Packs and also I think it's meant to be increased in difficulty. Davey_Pitch should be able to tell you more :p

Associate
ic1male said:
I think only Ninja Gaiden Black is on the compatibility list. It's one I've been meaning to get but I just purchased the Splinter Cell trilogy instead. I seem to be spending more dosh on Xbox 1 titles rather than 360!

Ninja Gaiden works too, because i was playing on it last night :)

Last edited:
Man of Honour
KennyBhoy said:
The Extra Difficulty mode is Easy Mode is it not?

/awaits Davey to tell me it doesn't require an Easy Mode even though it does ;)

There are actually 2 extra difficulty modes - Ninja Dog (for those that need a little help), and Master Ninja (for those who are rather good at the game). And you're right, the game doesn't need an easy mode, it's easy enough ;)

Oh, and for those saying Ninja Gaiden Black is basically Ninja Gaiden with the Hurricane Packs, you're kind of correct. To be a bit more precise, Ninja Gaiden Black is Ninja Gaiden with the following....

1) 2 extra difficulty levels as mentioned above (both need to be activated through different means)
2) The enemies from the Hurricane Packs (but NOT the Intercept technique which is exceptionally useful against those new enemies)
3) 2 extra enemies not in the Hurricane Pack (A fire ninja who is very hard, and an evil version of yourself, who is even harder)
4) A couple of extra story sequences to flesh things out a bit, not completely necessary but nice anyway
5) A series of 50 challenges which need to be unlocked by finishing the game. These challenges range from easy to hard. The last 5 of these challenges are the ones from Hurricane Pack 2

That about covers it. I personally have both and will keep both, as I love the Intercept technique as it can make battles much more up close and personal instead of the hit and move you often need to do.

Soldato
dirtydog said:
As the article says though, why re-release it instead of making a sequel? It would be like Burnout Revenge or whatever - the exact same game as last-gen with a fresh lick of paint.

Maybe to give the PS owners who have never played NG the chance to learn the story behind it?

Back
Top Bottom