Are there any good UK VW forums?

Soldato
OP
I did wonder how long it would be until you told me i was being stupid :p

I wouldn't mind a bright yellow Leon Cupra, but it's a bit too similar to my current Leon really :( I know the Golf isn't that much different, but i still want one ;)

I'd also love an Audi A4 Avant of some sort, but that's WAY too sensible!

However, i'm unemployed and very poor, so can't really think about it that much :) Though i would like to check out some VW forums.

Man of Honour
Matt said:
I'd also love an Audi A4 Avant of some sort, but that's WAY too sensible!

It's no more sensible than a Golf and at least its a nice upgrade.

Honestly dump your preconceptions of which members of society should drive which cars and simply buy what you want - who cares that normally Estates are for carrying dogs?

Soldato
OP
[TW]Fox said:
It's no more sensible than a Golf and at least its a nice upgrade.

Honestly dump your preconceptions of which members of society should drive which cars and simply buy what you want - who cares that normally Estates are for carrying dogs?

I love the Avants, but i really don't need a car that big quite yet, and would rather have something a bit more fun :)

Soldato
OP
My next car will probably be something from the list below, not everyone's choices at all, but we're all different :)
- Seat Leon Cupra (yellow bodykitted one, i can't remember if it's 52 or 53-reg and onwards)
- VW Golf V6 4Motion
- VW Golf 1.8T Anniversary (bad idea as they are ridiculous money)

I don't want these:
- Lotus Elise (i do a bit of motorway driving, and it just wouldn't be practical for that)
- Skoda Octavia VRS (great car, but not for me)
- Audi A4 Avant (to sensible)

Man of Honour
Matt said:
I love the Avants, but i really don't need a car that big quite yet, and would rather have something a bit more fun :)

If you think a Golf is going to be noticeably more fun to drive than a decent A4 then... you need to take some test drives :)

Soldato
OP
[TW]Fox said:
If you think a Golf is going to be noticeably more fun to drive than a decent A4 then... you need to take some test drives :)

I do :) I might go to Audi, but the local garage is shockingly bad! and Plymouth VW only ever have 1.4 and 1.6 cars...

Soldato
OP
adwhitworth said:
Ask on Tyresmoke.net in the Dealer section on the Audi forums and they might be able to recommend someone within your area.

The local places seem to have loads of diesels! But virtually no petrols :(

I might wait until i go home next week as there are a few cars there :) (Golf GTi Anniversary, which seem VERY hard to find at a dealer, the VW Used site shows 4 for the country!).

Soldato
Another one one for the dubclub hopefully :)

The 1.8t anni is a gorgeous car, but it is silly cash for what it is.

The V6 4motion is a great car and pretty quick too, obviously benefitting from the four wheel drive so you can get the power down well.

However don't overlook a simple 1.8t, you can pick them up relatively cheap now and add a Revo remap and breather mods and you're looking at 220+bhp. That's not something to be overlooked.

However, why not go for a mk1 rabbit with either the 1.8t VAG lump or the mk2 GTi engine and have yourself a propper golf ;)

Soldato
OP
MrSix said:
Another one one for the dubclub hopefully :)

If i ever get a job then i'm very likely to get a VW.

MrSix said:
The 1.8t anni is a gorgeous car, but it is silly cash for what it is.

They are stupid money, but i'd still quite like to try one :) If it's still in Hereford when i'm home, then i'll try to go and look. Though it's a 2002, nearly 60k, and £12.5k! :o

MrSix said:
The V6 4motion is a great car and pretty quick too, obviously benefitting from the four wheel drive so you can get the power down well.

It's Haldex isn't it? This would be a more sensible buy than the Anni, but it weighs the same as a small lorry! Shame they didn't give it a decent bodykit too!

MrSix said:
However don't overlook a simple 1.8t, you can pick them up relatively cheap now and add a Revo remap and breather mods and you're looking at 220+bhp. That's not something to be overlooked.

I'm not that keen on a standard GTi, a Leon Cupra would probably be a better buy tbh.

MrSix said:
However, why not go for a mk1 rabbit with either the 1.8t VAG lump or the mk2 GTi engine and have yourself a propper golf ;)

I have absolutly no mechanical ability, so getting a 'classic' car wouldn't be the best move :( However much i'd love one.

Soldato
Matt said:
It's Haldex isn't it? This would be a more sensible buy than the Anni, but it weighs the same as a small lorry! Shame they didn't give it a decent bodykit too!

Yes its haldex which adds approx 85-90kg, so not too much.

Back
Top Bottom