Windows default password

Soldato
I want to connect to a PC on my network, but I do not know the default password that is set on it. This is the password that you do not set. The PC has not been given any log on passwords.

I am unsure how to explain what it is, so a search is turning up log in stuff, which this is not.

Thanks, Trif.

Soldato
Trifid said:
I want to connect to a PC on my network, but I do not know the default password that is set on it. This is the password that you do not set. The PC has not been given any log on passwords.

default password for which user?

There is no default password as such. And if an account does not have a password, it will not be able to be used remotely (yes Windows actually does have SOME security by default :p)

Soldato
oddjob62 said:
default password for which user?

There is no default password as such. And if an account does not have a password, it will not be able to be used remotely (yes Windows actually does have SOME security by default :p)
he ain't wrong, if you can access the pc locally then set a password for the user or create a user with the same username/password as yours.

Otherwise VNC might be able to connect without a password?

Soldato
A.N.Other said:
Not if you can't log on to install it :rolleyes:.

I assume you've tried "default" as a password, haven't you?

What's the need for the roll-eyes? And I very much doubt that default would work as a password :p

You need to do what oddjob62 said and create an account with the same username and password as on your machine. You *may* need to put it in the authentication box when you tryu and connect to the other machine as MACHINENAME\Username though :)

Soldato
OP
This is what I am mean by default password:
connect.jpg

Default doesn't work.

I know I haven't explained it very well, but it will be the same 'default' password as what I have for my ftp on IIS.

The PC does not have a password and either does mine, but I know there is a way of getting it through the registry.

I don't particually want passwords and to log on, as there isn't any need for home security.

Soldato
OP
I have that unticked on my PC. Do you want me to tick it? Which PC?

I forgot to mention this earlier, I am on XP Pro and the other PC is home.

Soldato
OP
Thank you! :)

Just so I know, is there any security risks with this? Otherwise I will have it enabled all the time when not needed.

Edit: Yeah, that worked. :D

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom