• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Catalyst or Omega for a newb OCer?

Associate
Just having a read through the posts here and see a lot using the Moega drivers.
As im abit newish to overclocking anything and only intend to push my card slightly over stock, I was just wondering which driver set would be best for my X1800 XT. I did always dislike the CCC for some reason but as im not overclocking extremes I didnt know which to go with.

Associate
If your new to OC'ing graphics cards then I'd just use the CCC. The x1800xt should max out the settings available but since your not planning a major clock then that will be fine. Thats all I use on my x1800xt as they seem to be a bit of a pain to clock compared to other cards I've done in the past, but the results are still good and you'll see a nice gain.

Associate
OP
How does the overdrive in CCC compare to other things like Rivatuner or using ati tool? Does it come with a temp and clock monitoring display that you can keep as a system try icon or is that what the third party software is used for?

Back
Top Bottom