US Open **Spoilers**

Soldato
Another sporting event which has started amidst world cup fever and kinda got lost like the GP last weekend.

Just watching it now and this course must be a beast apparently in the 5 US Opens they've had here there has only been 65 rounds under par :eek:

Steve Stricker is winning atm at -1 but Monty is in second place on level par :) maybe he could finally break that major hoodoo, still 2 rounds to go though.

Woods has missed the cut at 12 OVER par :eek:

Soldato
The par is artificially reduced. They're playing a 514 yard hole as a par 4 which is stupid - it's clearly a par 5 by any course in the world. The course is 7264 yards and par 70! The USGA run the most ridiculous tournament in the world as far as par is concerned. I don't dispute the drama but I'd rather watch our Open any day*.

*Since I stopped Sky Sports, I don't have much choice!

Soldato
crashing bottles all round!!

Shocking from Mickleson - hit a 3 wood down the fairway - no need for driver but "old" mickleson coming into play there!

BAd last minute change of club from monty - should have hit the 6 iron.

Very lucky chip in from Ogilvy @ 17th /same for montys putt @ 17th.

Great up and down from ogilvy @ 18th to win it mind you.

Tru

Tru

Soldato
Was very bad luck for Monty, I felt for him.

Hopefully this wont affect him too much, it shouldn't because he's been here before, because I'd really like him to do something at the Open this year (i.e. win). He can still compete at this level but you get the feeling he's destined to be the best player never to win a Major.

SCM

SCM

Associate
This is the first time it has come down to Monty making an error to cost him a Major the other times was down to someone else beating him. This time he beat himself as he admitted in post round interviews.

SCM

Tru

Tru

Soldato
He's not made an error as late in the day as this, but he's been capable of winning a major before imo. He's played hellish 2nd or 3rd rounds that left him almost out of contention but has dug deep to come damn close.

He's very philosophical about it, golfers have to be, so I think he'll go to Liverpool in good fettle.

Permabanned
Plus-44 said:
Unlucky for Monty really - hopefully he can keep some sort of form going.

+44

How is he "unlucky" ?

The guy has played in 58 majors and never one one. He has played 100 tournaments in the US and never won one.

OK, so Mickleson blew his chance but he has proved himself capable of winning a major tournament.

Some people are just not up to winning, Monty being one of them.

Back
Top Bottom