Age difference in a relationship

Associate
Hi guys I know this had came up before. But does age matter in a relationship. I have met a girl and she is great. Just "dating" at moment. We get on well and have lots in common. But there is an age gap I am 20(coming 21 in august) and she is 27.

I am taking it very slow as some of you will know what has happened in my past relationship. So I am taking it very slow to try and protect myself from getting messed about again.

But the question is. Is there any reason that a relationship with a 7year age gap wont work?

Gareth

Associate
OP
Cheers Gilly. Yeah have my ups and downs still but started to control it better and things are starting to look up. And I knows its a long way away but cant wait for the swansea do this year to see all you guys again.

Caporegime
Yeah 10 years and it gets a bit odd, you cant talk about your childhood and stuff, cos she watched the clangers and you watched teenage mutant hero turtles, I speak from experiance.

btw does she know you are only 20 ?

Soldato
Posted this a few times before. Age doesn't matter in a relationship, my mum and dad have a 15 year age gap, me and mrs fatiain have a 13 year age gap and her parents have a 9 year age gap.

Mr 51-for-psx, best of british with the new lady. :D

Man of Honour
Only problem I can see is that with such a gap you will both be at different stages in life - generally, people of different ages want different things. This becomes less and less of an issue as you grow older - ie, somebody of 42 is often very similar to somebody of 49 but somebody of 20 can be quite different to somebody of 27.

You know, you might want to go out on the town, she might want to flick through a catalouge of curtain samples..

Whilst age is sometimes not a problem, I do think it is somewhat shortsighted and idealistic to state point blank that it simply 'doesn't matter'. Although its entirely possible it can work, it is more likely to have issues than a very small age gap. As an example (And NOT in a relationship sense but merely to illustrate my point of how people of different ages can be different) can you remember how different you were at 14 to how you were at 7?

Soldato
Most of the lasses i've been out with have been a fair bit older (me 18, her 25. me 22 her 27 etc etc) and i find it always works very nicely :)
Older ladies have lost some of the vanities of "girls" and generally have a bit more taste (dress, music etc) - I think you'll find yourself very happy :)
Take it easy as always but it generally works very well :)

Associate
I'm 23, Jhadur is 37, we have been together since 2000 and will be celebrating our 2nd wedding anninversay the weekend after the camping meet in August.

Yes - be careful, yes - take things slowly, yes - make sure you have things in common, but don't not give it a try just because of an age gap

Associate
25-18 was too much for me (me being older), might have been different if she was a little bit more mature and intelligent.

Back
Top Bottom