TV Card Problem

Soldato
Got my winfast DTV1000 T today, plugged in, installed the driver, pluggedin my bros arial he uses and i opend up the software and did a channel scan. It just finds NOTHING?? Ive scanned about 4 times now and finds nothing. Arial is right by window. It finds ALL channels if i plug it into my bros freeview box?

Surely im doing something wrong here?

Help im missing world cup :mad:

Soldato
OP
Little more info

Its almost like something is conflicting with it. When its in my pc and ive opend the software, nothing else will open up, not msn, not internet explorer, not even paint?

Any suggestions?

I had a usb card which diddnt work in my pc either. Could be something to do with PCI maybe? :(

Something is deff wrong with this, id i try to open a file my pc crashes

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
ok i got my hair off after 2 days messing about it just wont work AT ALL.

Could anyone give me any help?

When the winfast software is open my pc wont let me open things like msn or internet explorer, and it just crashes things.

If i do a scan, no matter what arial i use and what scan settings, it doesnt find a single channel.

I have an ASRock Dual sata mobo could it be a conflict there? As ive never used PCI cards, the only other one i used was a usb one and that crashes my pc n saart-up if its plugged in. Ive tried all the slots i can.

There must be something im missing here, please someone help.

Associate
Hey i have the same problem. However i have diff TV card. For some wierd reason it scans all the channels with no results. I am really LANGUAGE! cause now i have to beg all the girls in the house b4 i they let me watch any match. Infact i only get to watch 1 match per day. whats the prob here. i will try re installing the software and try diff things AGAIN :mad: . If i get any positive results i will share it with you. :(

Man of Honour
Camalot said:
ok i got my hair off after 2 days messing about it just wont work AT ALL.

Could anyone give me any help?

When the winfast software is open my pc wont let me open things like msn or internet explorer, and it just crashes things.

If i do a scan, no matter what arial i use and what scan settings, it doesnt find a single channel.

I have an ASRock Dual sata mobo could it be a conflict there? As ive never used PCI cards, the only other one i used was a usb one and that crashes my pc n saart-up if its plugged in. Ive tried all the slots i can.

There must be something im missing here, please someone help.

" the only other one i used was a usb one and that crashes my pc n saart-up if its plugged in. "

Just to confirm , Your PCI tv card won't work and you have also tried a USB external TV Tuner that crashes your system ?

Is this correct ?

Cheers,

Mark

Soldato
OP
mrdbristol said:
" the only other one i used was a usb one and that crashes my pc n saart-up if its plugged in. "

Just to confirm , Your PCI tv card won't work and you have also tried a USB external TV Tuner that crashes your system ?

Is this correct ?

Cheers,

Mark

I havent tried a usb tuner. What i ment by that is, the only other pci card ie put in my pc was a usb2.0 card, gives me 5 more usb2.0 plugs...the thing is, when the software is loaded for my tv card, that scans the channels. Nothng else opens on my pc, no IE no nothing, thats not suppost to happen. Just crashes my pc.

really annoying i spent nearly £50 on it

Last edited:
Soldato
Got the same card myself, first off have you got all the latest drivers for Mobo, Graphics, Sound card. Also have you had a look in your Bios incase you have something disabled.
When you scan, are you aware that you have to manually choose the reception area, for me i have four different locations close to me but only one gives me all the channels.

Soldato
OP
pegasus1 said:
Got the same card myself, first off have you got all the latest drivers for Mobo, Graphics, Sound card. Also have you had a look in your Bios incase you have something disabled.
When you scan, are you aware that you have to manually choose the reception area, for me i have four different locations close to me but only one gives me all the channels.

Im in Tamworth, Birmingham is the closest to me and that finds nothing at all.

I think something is conflicting with it cos of the way the software isnt letting me open anything else, and just crashes my pc.

I'm going to give it one last bash tonight, update graphics to 6.5, download the latest sound card drivers and see what happpens when ive installed this chipset drivers as well.

Will post a reply after 11am. If it doesnt work still, can i return it and get a refund?

Soldato
Not sure about a refund as hte card doesnt seem at fault. Did you instal the card exacly as it says in the instructions, also try using the newest drivers from the website, i found them to clear up a few stability problems i had, just confirm you are instaling the correct drivers for the card as if i remeber it can look a little confusing as to which ones to use.
Does the card show up in Device manager/system properties/system hardware, should under the tab sound video game controllers.

Caporegime
This sounds all to familiar! I had the same problem with the card on 3 computers, it just wouldnt work, sometimes i couldnt even install the software. I then bought a hauppage Card and for some wierd reason a couple of days after i installed that the leadtek started working. :rolleyes: Unfortunatly i dont know why that was.

All i can say is persevere as the leadtek card, once it does work, is a better card than the hauppage, both reception wise and software wise.

Have you tried using "[others]" right at the bottom of the city list. That will go through all the frequencies and may pick up channels as reception depends on which way the ariel is pointed. :)

mrk

mrk

Man of Honour
This is simply a software "bug" and I expect leadtek will fix it in a later update.

What you need to do is this:

http://www.fixit-4u.net/mrk/root/temp/dtv.jpg

It will then find all channels that your aerial is capable of picking a signal up for.

The card itself is pretty much perfect and the only other piece of software that works flawlessly with it and works as you would expect without fault is MCE.

Soldato
OP
Scanning now with them settings.

Used the uptodate drivers from website.

Its still bugged, i tried to open something and it wont open....anways lets see if i get any channels.

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
Ok i scanned with the settings above, found nothing at all.

Gonna ask a silly question, all i need to do is plug this card into the pci slot, install it and the drivers, and the only other thing i plug in is an arial?

Ahhh going mad here, ocuk wont refund it either.

Soldato
OP
Same arial my bro uses on his freeview box, which picks up all channels with supurb picture i might add. Just one u put next to ** window.

Arial or no arial, it still crashes my pc when the drivers for it are installed :(

I give in, shoving it under my bed :mad:

Too hot and bothered to mess with this anymore, waste of 50 quid :mad:

Tnx for trying to help tho.

Caporegime
The Leadtek has a jumper which lets you choose whether you have a passive or active aerial, try changing that. I dont know if it will make any difference (or what it does) but it may work.

Associate
You really need to plug freeview cards into an external aerial (ie, on your roof), especially the first time you scan for channels. I tried various aerials, some with boosters, some without, all of which worked on my TV but game me nothing on the PC. Plugged in a rooftop aerial and it started working perfectly. Every other problem I had with the software went away as well (it made my computer really slow and unresponsive when launching winTV without a proper aerial).

I've got a Hauppauge HVR-900

Soldato
for what its worth, i have a dual939asrock with two hauppauge dvb-t cards and they work fine. Its a good idea to search the web for people who have had the same problem as the solution is probably very simple (once you know what it is)

good luck

freeview on a pc is great and as for people slagging of hauppauge cards, they have great forum support and work well for me.

Back
Top Bottom