New website query

Soldato
Hi,

I am in the process of designing a new website and really need some help...

I am using dreamweaver 8.0 and photoshop cs2 to design the images etc. Now as its my first site and I do not know much about coding I am using the designer function in DM as opposed to the coding function. Now I can see you experts cringe but hey we all have to start somewhere :) I am using Div's and CSS :)

Basically I have made a background in photoshop saved it as a .gif and after a lot of messing around was happy that I finally produced what I wanted. I have designed my site for 1024 x 768 res users mainly.

Anyway problem is the background image (size is 1024 x 768) keeps looping at the bottom of the screen when I add more text how can I overcome this?

I also noticed when I view my site at 1280 x 1024 res the side loops also...

Pls help me overcome this...

Thanks in advance...

Last edited:
Soldato
Never coded with anything other than notepad so I'm assuming that this will work... ...in the CSS for the page in question, find the property which sets the background

Code:
background: url('background.png');

and add directly underneath it

Code:
background-repeat: no-repeat;

:)

Soldato
OP
excellent thats great it worked...:)

now as the size of the background image is 1024 x 768 at larger res 1280 x 1024 the remaining space is white....it doesnt look quite right...

would I have to recreate the entire image to the larger res of 1280 x 1024 to avoid this happening? then at lower res's ppl there would be a scroll wouldnt there?

how do i get the background image to expand as per the users res?

Or when using a background image is this not poss?

Thanks for your help

Back
Top Bottom