HDD Drive Lock password, lost it :(

Soldato
Ive googled and come across lots of threads/post seems some smart chaps out there have ways to crack it?

I only ask since I brought a ex-demo laptop and the 60gig 2.5 laptop hdd is working fine but cant be accessed due to a password a previous owner no doubt put on there.

Ive tried USB enclosures/Fdisk/format and no luck

Foobar drive ?

Soldato
By any chance is it a fujitsu siemens, we have had a few of those in work and they are impossible to the password removed, even for the cmos it cant be done, readding on google people have even tried removing the bios chip and reflashing it, this just stops the machine from booting, try contacting the manufactorur of the laptop and aks them about it, they might give you some info depending on who it is.

Soldato
OP
Thats the thing the hdd in the usb enclosure doesnt even come up.... not in device manager or under managment, zero detection but I can hear the drive spinning so I know its just the password blocking full access to the drive.

Pretty much everywhere Ive read has said its a dead drive its something thats very hard to get around.

Dunno if its worth contacting HP support/but ill proberly just replace it.

That Hdd unlock program looks good, but again its the same issue theres no way anyone can Fdisk/Low level format or run any sort of Hdd unlocking program.... not if u cant get pass the password screen lol

Back
Top Bottom