• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

OEM X2 4400+ on OcUK

Soldato
just spotted this and got quite pleased... then i noticed it has 512kb L2 Cache compared to a regular 4400+ that has 1mb L2 Cache...

is this correct info from the website, has anyone bought one of these OEM jobbies?

i presume they've dropped the cache in them due to them wanted to move away from the 1mb CPU's ?

Soldato
Check the amd website, that will tell you if such a cpu is made :)

EDIT : Im sure it has the same cache as retail, and OEM CPU is just a retail cpu without a cooler and a 1 year warranty instead of a three year

Soldato
OP
TaKeN said:
Check the amd website, that will tell you if such a cpu is made :)

EDIT : Im sure it has the same cache as retail, and OEM CPU is just a retail cpu without a cooler and a 1 year warranty instead of a three year
yeah, i know that its just the cpu... just extremely odd that there it has less Cache :confused:

shall check amd's webby now... not sure why i didn't first :o

OcUK Staff
HI there

Its a mistake on the website sorry. Corrected now it is 1MB cache and the price is slightly lower than it was too now. :)

Soldato
OP
Gibbo said:
HI there

Its a mistake on the website sorry. Corrected now it is 1MB cache and the price is slightly lower than it was too now. :)
ah cool :D
now i'm even more tempted :p

thanks for the quick reply
icon14.gif

Back
Top Bottom