MeatLoaf : Bat out of Hell 3

Soldato
OP
LOL, youd think so wouldnt you.

That track they just released is another 9 minuter, so will go down a storm at karaoke. I already have people moaning my songs are too long, ha ha

PAz

PAz

Soldato
The new track is OK, not one of his classic's though.

Bad for Good is on there \m/ with brian may on guitar!!!! Awesome.

Can't wait, and hopefully the bigman should tour again too :D :D

Man of Honour
Isn't it about time he recorded his second album that he never got to do because he lost his voice?
It was called Bad For Good and Steinman had to do it instead.
That album featured a free single and I can still remember sitting on the floor after listening to the album, pulled out the free single that was usually a throwaway and sat their crying because it was the most beautifullest thing I'd heard.
It was called Rock And Roll Dreams Come Through and completely trashed the Meatloaf version.

Soldato
I've got the Steinman vocal version of rock and roll dreams come true somewhere, and it is indeed superb!

That new song isn't too bad. It's not Bat out of Hell though :cool: Wish I could still play that song :(

Soldato
Old Meat did a guest bit on the final of American Idol, duetting with the runner-up on "It's all Coming Back To Me".

His voice was gone. Nothing there. He was as bad as Barry Gibb is nowadays.

There comes a point when the tribute acts are better vocally than their subject. For Meat loaf, that point has arrived.

Man of Honour
To be honest I thought he lost it a long time ago.
I first saw Meatloaf singing for Ted Nugents band and then a couple of years later Jim Steinman picked up on him.
Steinman couldn't have picked a better session singer and history was made.
Meatloaf then lost his voice and even resorted to drinking his own pee to cure it but Steinman had to sing the second Meatloaf album himself.
When Bat Out Of Hell first came out a guy who worked behind me played it to death. All day every day we had to endure the whole of the Bat Out Of Hell album and then a saving grace appeared.
One night there was an Old Grey Whistle Test special of Meatloaf doing most of the album and I recorded it to tape.
It was absolutely bloody awful and he murdered every song and when it came to my choice to play something I always put that on.
It was so bad that the Meatloaf fan agreed never to put Bat Out Of Hell on again - result.
I have seen Meatloaf has Meatloaf and he was excellent that night but he is very inconsistent. One night he can be Pavarotti and the next he's James Hewitt.
He is a legend but remember the true star is Steinman and Meatloaf was just a vehicle to Steinmans work. look at Meatloafs albums without Steinman - point made.
I can't see the point of a Bat Out Of Hell 3 unless the pair of them are running out of money.

Soldato
OP
ElvisFan said:
Old Meat did a guest bit on the final of American Idol, duetting with the runner-up on "It's all Coming Back To Me".

His voice was gone. Nothing there. He was as bad as Barry Gibb is nowadays.

There comes a point when the tribute acts are better vocally than their subject. For Meat loaf, that point has arrived.

I have to say i agree with you, even tho im a huge meatloaf and bee gees fan.

Funnily enough, stienman wrote its all coming back to me as well i think.

He just cant get the high notes anymore. And the same with the Bee Gees, they were awful when they were on the princess trust thing the other week.

Also noiticed the new meatloaf song is in a low key, another indication that he cant get th notes anymore

PAz

PAz

Soldato
mm Bat III was an old project from what I remember, something Steinman and Meat had wanted to work on fairly soon after Bat II, but the whole fall out happened. Its something I'd certinaly like to see happen. I agree though the bigman is losing touch, I saw him at Warwick castle last year and between every song he was shooting off stage for shots of oxygen. His voice wasn't as good, but he still puts on one of the greatest shows. Fantastic entertainer. Paul Crook is just awesome on guitar as well :)

a lot of people are still pretty unsure as to Steinman's involvement with the new album... Seems like theres a whole lawsuit going on at the moment to do with the Bat name, check http://www.thenakedwire.com

Back
Top Bottom