Which case? £60ish, large space, smart looking

Caporegime
I'm after a new stylish but smart (low key, not garish and funky) case for around £60. What are my options?

It should be able to house 4 HDDs and 2 DVD-type drives. I'd also like it to be very well made for cooling, but also quiet. I like the more simple and professional look.

Associate
I'd also look at the antec p150. It's a little more than £60 but comes with a psu that can be used (very nice psu for a non sli or crossfire system), or sold to recoup a lot of the cases cost. good cooling, very quiet, 2 stealthed dvd drives, 3 suspended hd cradles to prevent hd vibration noise (4 hds can be screwed in, or you can use the 3 cradles and the included 5.25 to 3.5 inch floppy bay to house the fourth hard disk).

Soldato
PC7+ does not have some slight build quality issues like the P150 does.

The stealth bays can break quite easy if you do not install the drive just right.

The Pc7+ fights with cases more than twice its price, it is well worth the money and looks stunning in person. :)

Caporegime
OP
Thank you.

Please can you clarify how many fans the PC7+ comes with? I've read an article that says it comes with two 120mm fans and a slot for an 80mm fan at the top, yet the OcUK product page says 1 x 120mm + 1 x 80 mm?

Associate
Yewen said:
PC7+ does not have some slight build quality issues like the P150 does.

The stealth bays can break quite easy if you do not install the drive just right.

Can you supply a link to such issues, as I've been looking at getting a p150. If its a case of being careful thats ok, but if its a problem with design or constuction faults thats another matter altogether.

Soldato
Happened to three seperate people on this forum, and I know of a mate who had trouble with the CD drive but not to the same extent.

Something the reviews do not pick up, just going to search CC for p150 now. The threads may have been pruned.

Soldato
The support is best in buisness really, and buisness, for anything. :p

If they know about the issue they really do get it sorted fast.

But as I say, easier if you do not have the trouble in the first place. :)

Caporegime
OP
WJA96 said:
Excellent choice of PSU - now - assuming you haven't ordered the case yet, there is a PC-7+ in the B-grades section for £46+shipping.

Don't walk, run.

Thanks, I've looked at it, but it doesn't say what's wrong with it. Is it entirely a gamble when buying from the b-grade section?

Soldato
Yeh it is a gamble, but it is usually the box has gotten a little wet or worn.

OcUK will not tell you what is wrong with it incase they have two, and then send the other one.

If you want a bargain it is worth it, as it is usually the box that is the problem.

Just depends if you want to make a great buy and even better one. :)

Back
Top Bottom