My R/C Nitro Vid

Associate
Finally some spare time to have a play with my latest toy :D

Thought I would film it for giggles as its the first time i have ever used a nitro r/c car. Used to play with the tamiya electric ones when i was younger but damn these nitro things are rapid.

Car is a HPI Rush Evo.

Im amazed by the quality of the car tbh... my tamiya electric would have been snaped in half after doing stuff like this.

http://www.btinternet.com/~mark.220/Vids/RUSH-EVO.wmv

Soldato
Looks good. :D I also have a Rush Evo, but now with an OS .18 CV-RX engine. Makes it a right beast, being able to wheelie at 40mph! I will have to get a vid of it sometime to show you.

Oh on a side note, sounds like your slipper clutch has been set slightly too loose and it has melted the pad smooth. Can hear it slipping a lot.

Associate
OP
saitrix said:
Looks good. :D I also have a Rush Evo, but now with an OS .18 CV-RX engine. Makes it a right beast, being able to wheelie at 40mph! I will have to get a vid of it sometime to show you.

Oh on a side note, sounds like your slipper clutch has been set slightly too loose and it has melted the pad smooth. Can hear it slipping a lot.

wheelies at 40 :D

Is the slipper clutch something that can be replaced easily.. i did notice it slipping, kind of like when a car clutch is on its way out.

This is brand new though lol, they weak or have i messed it up doing doughnuts ? :o

Soldato
Don't worry stock they are weak. :) The slipper is just on the inside of the spur gear. I bought a new aluminium slipper clutch with a new pad. It seems to even be holding up to my OS engine, so will do you fine with the .15. Also make sure you don't have it too loose otherwise it wears it real quick. You just need enough to protect the engine on landings.

There is mine, quite clean really for my car. :o

Last edited:
Associate
OP
ace, cheers mate :)

Much bigger air filter and exhaust on that engine of yours!

One thing that does bother me with this car is the break. Its so puney... its ok if your on loose surface as yu can skid it to a stand still but on tarmac its leathal trying to stop it sometimes as i have found out :rolleyes: :D

Soldato
Ahh yes, you need to buy the uprated one that HPI sell. After you done those two things its fairly sorted. Also one huge upgrade i did was buying a good steering servo. Helped the steering no end. A Hitec HS-645MG is a perfect servo for steering, well worth it.

I bought a tuned pipe for my Rush Evo whilst i still had the stock engine. Makes it even louder. :D Also it helped with the low down power from my engine, was quite cheap at around £25 aswell. The air filter came with the engine i bought, it has a huge air intake compared to the old one. Also the new engine is even louder then the old one, neighbours loved it when i first started it up in the garden. :p

If you are going RR, bring it along. :D

Maz

Maz

Soldato
This is a proper one :D

sDSCN1052.jpg

Back
Top Bottom