Claims help

Soldato
At the start of the year I tried to insure a Getz with a years no claims I had built up on my motorbike. They weren't having it - bike no claims cannot be transferred to a car.

Now that I've finally got a coupe I'm being told that, because my bike was stolen a couple of months ago, I would have to declare an at fault claim and up my policy a considerable amount.

How on gods green earth is this fair? If I can't use bike no claims on a car surely they can't expect me to pay extra on my car insurance for having a bike claim?

:(

Man of Honour
It's not fair, insurance is never fair.
I had the same trouble as you. I have 3 years NCB on bikes which counts as nothing towards my car insurance yet I still had to declare a NON FAULT bike accident I made a claim from which puts up the price of my premium.

Insurance companies suck.

Soldato
OP
It's even worse for me though because I'm so young. Quotes shot up from <£2000 over £3000, some even started refusing me. It's unfair how a theft counts as an at fault claim as well, I don't see how I'm at fault for some git chiselling the side door off the garage, ripping the main door off with a car and chain then wheeling out an alarmed bike with no petrol or battery and a huge chain on both wheels - I made it as hard for them as I could :eek: :(

Back
Top Bottom