What gamepad/gaming-keyboard do you use?

Associate
I've just put Vista on my machine (dual boot) and my N50 Nostromo doesnt seem to work anymore (it doesnt in XP x64 either). Its made me think that perhaps now is the time to either find an alternative or go back to using a keyboard like most normal people :p

With that in mind, I wondered what everyone else was using? I primarily play fps games, and I've found the Nostromo superb since my MOHAA days (obviously a console-style pad would be useless).

What about everyone else?

Associate
OP
james.miller said:
everybody else uses a keyboard and mouse lol

I know, i'm odd ;)

But in all seriousness I've found the Nostromo to be really good, because keyboard buttons arent placed in vertical straight lines, and I only have little hands :( Trouble is, i suspect Belkin have given up development on the drivers for it (no x64 for example) and so come Vista I'll have to go back to using a K/B (no mean feat after 5+ years of using the n50!)

Man of Honour
Keyboard - Standard Logitech keyboard
Mouse - Logitech MX518, best mouse I've used (Edit, I'm on 518, not 510 any more :p)
Mouse Pad - Func 1030, not bad, though there's probably far better ones out there.
Wheel - Logitech Momo - For all those lovely Sim games out there :)

Last edited:
Associate
Keyboard - Saitek Eclipse
Mouse - Razer Diamondback
Mousemat - IceMat

No problems here, all brilliant and definatly helped in games (higher scores etc)

Soldato
Combo 1 - Saitek Eclipse + Logitech MX510 + S&S Steelpad

Combo 2 - Apple pro keyboard (when I get round to buying one) + MS 6000 Laser mouse + S&S Steelpad

Both are really comfortable to use and fairly good value for what you get, the 6000 is better for lefties as it is ambidextrous

Associate
OP
Zacko said:
No problems here, all brilliant and definatly helped in games (higher scores etc)

I've got not problems with gameplay, I've just found the nostromo really comfortable for gaming, and wondered what everyone else was using (especially as support for the N50 seems to have ended :()

Mouse wise I use an MX510 and an icemat, K/B is a Logitech media (iirc).

Just looking for inspiration on a replacement (or pursuasion to go back to using a K/B :p)

Associate
lokkers said:
I've got not problems with gameplay, I've just found the nostromo really comfortable for gaming, and wondered what everyone else was using (especially as support for the N50 seems to have ended :()

Mouse wise I use an MX510 and an icemat, K/B is a Logitech media (iirc).

Just looking for inspiration on a replacement (or pursuasion to go back to using a K/B :p)

Oh yeh I knew that. Was just saying if other people were wondering if gaming designed stuff helped, it does.
;)

Soldato
i use a logitech MX1000 which is pretty good.

keyboard i have a zboard with various custom ketsets, its expensive but i think its such a big help, i've noticed that i enjoy games a lot more as i'm not struggling to remember where each button is.

Back
Top Bottom