Back from Germany

Associate
Hey!

Well just got back from Germany, went by car and got there in 11 Hours which ain't too bad. Anyway got there the first day and watched the England match on the big screen in Cologne. The atmosphere was fantastic we took over the town.

Game got really tense at the end as you can imagine but when we scored the square was covered in beer lol. As soon as the ball hit the back of the net everyone with a drink in their hand chucked it up into the air, was electric.

Anyway after a fantastic first day we spent the next with a seriously bad hangover, after a good fry up we headed over to Gelsenkirchen as we had tickets to the Argentina game, and wow what a game it was. Im sure you all watched it so I will quit telling you all about it and let you have a look yourself.

Have to give it to the Argies, fantastic support - 21mb

Mexican Wave in progress

England View Front

England View Back

Got more pics if anyone is intrested, if anyone is considering going then I highly reccomend it, even if its just to watch the match on the big screen. Might be going back for the semi final as my uncle has tickets! :D

Last edited:
Associate
OP
greenlizard0 said:
Awesome stuff, OT, but what equipment are you using? Lovely picture and vid quality!

Lol its an Cannon Ixus 700 Digital Camera, awsome bit of kit!

Would have took some better England pics but was too busy celebrating LOL had some random guy hugging me! :eek:

Soldato
Looks like you had a great time, watching football outside of the UK is always a great laugh. Would love to get a ticket for a WC game. Am possibly going to go over myself once the KO stages start. My friends are over there in a Winnebago so I have a place to stay.

Soldato
That small video clip was really good. It captured the atmosphere of the Argentinian fans really well. I wish it was longer.
I think football coverage on TV should include a camera man in the stands with the fans, not using the proper cameras they use for broadcasting but cameras like the OP used it gives a better feel to the game im sure using cameras like we have it wouldnt be too hard to have them transmit live pictures.. One for each team. They already have multiple cameras to chose from via interactive on sky and BBC iirc. Wont be hard to have two more.

Its an idea anyway.. what you lot think.

Associate
Hey, nice pics & vid. I'm off to Cologne tomorrow, got tickets to the Eng v Swe game on the 20th, can't wait!

Any decent clubs/bars in Cologne that you can recommend?

Soldato
Duradrum said:
Hey, nice pics & vid. I'm off to Cologne tomorrow, got tickets to the Eng v Swe game on the 20th, can't wait!

Any decent clubs/bars in Cologne that you can recommend?

Uhmmm take a look at Pascha :D It will certainly be an eye opener.

Seriously though, just follow the crowds. There will be loads of England fans everywhere. Stick with them and you are bound to have a good time

Associate
Youstolemyname said:
Uhmmm take a look at Pascha :D It will certainly be an eye opener.

Hmmm - a quick google brings this 'Pascha - Das ultimative Partyvergnugen fur den Mann' :D

Might have to have a quick 'browse' in there with the lads :D

Back
Top Bottom