ITV Football coverage

Soldato
Whoever the commentator for the ivory coast game was, got on my nerves(not southgate, although actually, him also).

"DrogbArr"

How hard is that name to pronounce??

Soldato
georges said:
Pfft.. that's nothing. Did you see the superbowl. I gave up after 30mins of attempting to watch some american football as I'd seen about 25mins of adverts interspersed by 5mins of actual play :?
Wouldn't be surprised if that proportion of advert breaks was written into the rules of the NFL though :p

Associate
I have noticed in all of the football matches shown by ITV the quality of the digital picture is absolutely terrible, as soon as the camera zooms out it becomes a blocky mess (freeview). Strangely BBC is perfect, its like a low resolution video compared to a high res one.

I've also noticed this and I watch it through sky ;)

Very distorted on ITV.

axe

axe

Suspended
My ITV Quality has been all good just as good as BBc's But Both BBC and ITVs communtaters do my head in

Soldato
ITV are pretty dire, worst so far have to be these three examples (two already mentioned):

1. ITV Commentary team spending about 5 minutes (literally) commenting on Luis Garcia's headed goal against Ukraine during about 10 replays from various angles when it was clearly Xabi Alonso and Garcia was nowhere near the ball, then after it being acredited to Alonso by match officials pretending like they'd known all along.

2. Spanish defenders knocking the ball between each other and Pleat pipes up with something along the lines of: 'They could pass the ball between eachother all day, Ukraine suck..blahblahblah.' As he finishes the sentence the Ukrain intercept a crap pass and have 3 on 3 about 20 yards from goal.

3. Ljungberg comes in and scores, other ITV commentator recognises this. Replay is shown and Pleat goes into how Larsson is a great goalscorer and cites his life story. I had to turn off as it was quite embarrising.:o

Soldato
Loads more Pleat gems today

He spent the whole of the USA game referring to Damarcus Beasley as Marcus De Beasley, was rabbiting on for like 5 minutes about how the USA had adopted a 3-4-2 formation after going down to 9 men, was incapable of pronouncing the USA's Onyewu's name - he had various attempts, none better than 'onmlermleh'

Seriously, the man is a retard

Associate
j00ni said:

He spent the whole of the USA game referring to Damarcus Beasley as Marcus De Beasley, was rabbiting on for like 5 minutes about how the USA had adopted a 3-4-2 formation after going down to 9 men, was incapable of pronouncing the USA's Onyewu's name - he had various attempts, none better than 'onmlermleh'

Agreed, the man is a total co*k! I picked up a few other things, which were probably blatantly obvious to the rest of you aswell

1) Instead of Mastroeni, he repeatedly said Mascherano

2) On Pope's yellow card - "really, that was half a dozen of one and er...er...six of the other...yeah"

Clown

Mind you, Mick McCarthy isn't too far behind him.

Soldato
del_piero said:
Mind you, Mick McCarthy isn't too far behind him.

I've quite warmed up to Mick! :o Get rid of Tyldsley, Pleat and Southgate and get Peter Brackley into more of the games for biased Italy commentry! ;) :D

Associate
j00ni said:

The best was "Brian McBride is as good as any centre forward in the premiership"

Soldato
I'm pretty sure the only reason ITV have David Pleat as co-commentator is because he ***** up a lot. You know he will, it's just a matter how many times and how badly. It can be quite entertaining.

Going back to the picture quality, ITVs is of significantly lower quality than BBC through Sky. Shocking really.

Regarding adverts, what would you rather have, a much higher licence fee to allow all terrestrial channels to be advert free, or a few minutes every now and then to go for a **** or make a cuppa? I think it's a no-win situation. I don't like the ads but I don't want to pay anymore for a licence.

Soldato
Nedved11 said:
I've quite warmed up to Mick! :o Get rid of Tyldsley, Pleat and Southgate and get Peter Brackley into more of the games for biased Italy commentry! ;) :D

Knew I recognised his voice, its him from Gazzetta football italia isn't it? Used to be on Channel 4 saturday mornings, 10am?:o

Back
Top Bottom