Anyone heard of this hosting crew?

Associate
I'm looking for a reseller package at the moment and i came across these guys. Very cheap, but their site doesn't exactly make me feel all warm and gooey inside. I checked the OCHostReview site and couldn't see them there. I don't want to get burned as money is tight right now so any opinions/thoughts are welcome.

http://www.hostraptor.co.uk/

Man of Honour
Templated site. Designed by a 12 year old. And £1.49 is practically nothing after transaction fees. I'm sure you prefer your hosting company to be able to afford electricity :)

It looks like they're just a kiddy reseller - they appear to have bought a reseller account from these people.

Stay clear!

Associate
Beansprout said:
Templated site. Designed by a 12 year old. And £1.49 is practically nothing after transaction fees. I'm sure you prefer your hosting company to be able to afford electricity :)

It looks like they're just a kiddy reseller - they appear to have bought a reseller account from these people.

Stay clear!

these guys are offering reseller accounts? so ... they have a reseller account that is split by them into smaller reseller accounts?

Man of Honour
blade007 said:
these guys are offering reseller accounts? so ... they have a reseller account that is split by them into smaller reseller accounts?
That's what confused me. Maybe they're the same people - Strataco.com is the registrant of these people's domain, so I guessed they were reselling through them.

Sub-reselling is possible with some WHM modifications, but perhaps they're simply an affiliate instead? Or maybe it's a joke :)

Either way I'd stay clear o.o

daz

daz

Soldato
Decent hosting is not expensive these days - don't jump in at the deep end and go for some random company. Personal recommendations are always good, as well as having an google for the company name. :)

Associate
did you see the digital girl on the hostraptor site, complete with synthesized voice? lol. if you go on "hosting packages" it's there.

btw avoid this company i was looking for more goodies on there but half the pages come up with 404error ...

Soldato
Lovemonk said:
I'm looking for a reseller package at the moment and i came across these guys. Very cheap, but their site doesn't exactly make me feel all warm and gooey inside. I checked the OCHostReview site and couldn't see them there. I don't want to get burned as money is tight right now so any opinions/thoughts are welcome.

http://www.hostraptor.co.uk/

Serious, don't go with them, http://www.forum2.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=7114&highlight=hostraptor.co.uk check this thread and see the replies the lil kid got

Soldato
Their website is (unbelievably) rubbish, their hosting plans are totally unsustainable, they don't have correct WHOIS information, they don't have their own hardware and after a quick Google on the name it's quite clear the owner makes a habit out of spamming message boards (often under the name "hostraptor") claiming he has "found a really really cheap reseller and web hosting site". Unless you intend on signing up to mirror some huge files and test out his "unmetered bandwidth", avoid at all costs.

Remember that web hosting is a service; you should not base your decision on price. It's not difficult to shop around and get an "unlimited everything" hosting plan for <£3/month, but do you really think the service will be the same as a £10/month plan from an established company? It seems even the child (I'm sure that's not much of an assumption to make) running this "business" doesn't realise this.

Soldato
further note, dont allways fall the "unlimited" line, theres no such thing as unlimited space, for a start, once again i would say best place to look will be ochostreview.co.uk

Soldato
The number one tip I always give people looking for hosting (there are actually hundreds of tips, but this is one I always put at or near the top).

When it comes to webspace/bandwidth - if either of these figures is listed as "Unlimited" then walk away.
Unlimited mailboxes, unlimited other things is fine (allbeit the word unlimited is very much over-used).
However as I cannot buy an unlimited sized HD from my local PC store then providing "Unlimited" space to a customer is impossible and an out and out lie (would you buy from somebody who lied to you?).
As at the very best transfer/bandwidth would be limited by connection speed to backbone and 24/7 continuous transfer (in that particular scenario that would be a lot of bandwidth used, but still....a physical limit) again by using the word "Unlimited" you've been lied to.

Associate
Thankyou for all of your feedback.

Hi guys,

i have been monitoring this traffic to my website. http://www.hostraptor.co.uk and believe it or not there has been 83 refers from this forum when i checked about 5 minuits ago. Therefore i thought i would come and see what all of the fuss was all about.

Well i have read all of your comments and i do appreciate them. We started hostraptor about 2 months ago well just after and yes you are also correct in saying that the website is templated, however we have modified it and i was actually rarther pleased with it.

Well where we have only been going for just ver 2 months we have not yet finished the website. we have not advertised and we have certainly not spammed any forums. i think that is down to a few people no names mentioned i know better as spamming only gives you a bad name and i hate it when people do it to my forums.

Me and my colleges are in full time employment i am a trainee accountant and am studying corporate networking. My partners are all studying computer programming on an apprentership level. We are not kids and are all over the age of 22. Therefore we have no running costs as such as of yet and thought it best to start off on a VPS which we run. hence the reason that we can offer resellers. We intend to stay on this upgrading through the packages untill we are able to competantly offer a standalone hosting service.

One other thing. We do not claim our hosting to be unlimited. All of our packages have limits to them. we do not offer unlimited space hosting as it is impossible and we offer unmetered bandwidth not unlimited. The difference being that we will allow everybody to use as much bandwidth as they like providing they are not abusing this for any other customers in which case we will cap the limit. I would never claim to be unlimited.

Anyway thankyou for your feedback. i do appreciate it. also we are a reliable host because like i said where we are new and havent even advertised yet we thought it best to stay with a VPS seeing as we then had the direct support from our hosts in the way of their 99.9% uptime guarantee etc.

Anyway there is nothing more i can say so cheers :)

Man of Honour
I thought accountants were boring though:

hostraptor%20main%20banner%20TAKE%202.JPG

Explain that! :p

Back
Top Bottom