problem with an ebay member

Underboss
Basically it was an old joystick for the 8-bit computers, and i couldnt test it before i put it on ebay.

on the auction I STATE that it is untested and I would refund money.
so anyway, guy buys it, i send it out to him, he gets it, doesent work, leaves me negative feedback, soon as i noticed it, I sent him an email to ask why he didnt contact me first, and i also said I would have refunded his money.

got an email back from him saying "you could send me a replacement"

so I email him back explaining it was from my private collection and I am no trader, his reply? :

"cheeky git, remove my neg feedback, send me a rplacement, i will remove your neg feedback"

So i've just replied to that saying
"For a start u should have contacted me first, secondly i dont have a replacement, i bought it years ago when i had an 8-bit computer, it was from my private collection."

lets see what his says to that !

Soldato
You sold it as untested, so you are within the description of how you sold it.

You said you would refund, have you offered it to him?

Associate
JBuk said:
if hes unfairly given you bad feedback then contact Ebay, they are pretty helpfull most of the time

They won't remove feedback unless it's profane, racist, threatening etc etc. In fact, their exact words to me were...."We do not get involved with feedback disputes, please contact your trading partner directly".

And that was after me getting negged within two minutes of an auction-wrecker winning an item.

Associate
Yeah I got a guy give me negative feeback after he bought a 6800U off me, after a month of him having it he said it didnt work so I take the card back to inspect and possibly repair and I find he has knocked half a dozen resisters off the card, anyways long story short paypal reufunded him half his cash I did battle with paypal and ended up getting all my cash back plus anoth half :D but still have the negative feedback grrrrrrr

Associate
Jet said:
So just don't refund him. See what he does.

That's how I see it.
The bloke clearly didn't read the listing, and also made no effort at communication to resolve the situation.

Make sure you add him to the blocked bidders list OP.

Edited to include the missed out "read".

Last edited:
Underboss
OP
finally a reply from last contact

"erm...you had more than one for sale, did you not? Did you cash my cheque no probs?"

Hi, Yes I did, another ebay member bought one, and you bought the other. I have cashed the cheque but not checked to see if it had cleared I just send the item to you

Underboss
OP
stop it, just stop it now.
----- Original Message -----
To: ME
Sent: Sunday, June 18, 2006 10:46 AM
Subject: Re: Message from eBay Member Regarding Item #

oh and by the way, I am no trader, all the stuff i am selling is all from my personal collection
----- Original Message -----
To: ME
Sent: Sunday, June 18, 2006 10:04 AM
Subject: Re: Message from eBay Member Regarding Item #

you could send me a replacement

Soldato
Say you'll remove his negative feedback and then consider a refund, fill in the withdraw feedback form then if he co-operates it'll remove your negative to him, but have the added bonus of removing the feedback he left for you :D (then ignore him completely)

Had this happen with me when I left a positive for a seller but said the packaging could have been better, he left me a neg and both ratings ended up being removed :)

http://feedback.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?MFWRequest

Last edited:
Underboss
OP
Phil99 said:
Say you'll remove his negative feedback and then consider a refund, fill in the withdraw feedback form then if he co-operates it'll remove your negative to him, but have the added bonus of removing the feedback he left for you :D (then ignore him completely)

Had this happen with me when I left a positive for a seller but said the packaging could have been better, he left me a neg and both ratings ended up being removed :)

http://feedback.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?MFWRequest

thats what im thinking: )

Back
Top Bottom