BBC world cup web coverage = crap quality.

Soldato
Why is the quality of the bbc world cup online so bad? i mean its so blocky and pixelated, whats the point?

I have it on the highest quality setting too.. 340kbs and it still looks parp. :rolleyes:

Man of Honour
Could be lots of factors for that. Higher than usual usage, low-quality streaming to share it out to lots of users...

[edit]Might wanna leave out the spoilers matey :)

Permabanned
Clerkin said:
if it was high quality not everyone wouldbe able to stream it. they try to cater to a wide audience. a lot of whom may only have a slow connection

hm trying to cater for everyone? so why not have the option of a very high quality? everyone with the bad connections can choose the worst quality. In fact they do have a higher quality options, but it's still not good enough.

Man of Honour
Wow, people complaining about the fact that although they can now watch the WC on the interwebnet it's not as good as they'd like it it
smile.gif

Soldato
I've just put it on now and it looks ok to me. Like Gilly says, there are a lot of factors that affect the quality of a stream. It's certainly not cheap to provide such a high bandwidth service.

Another thing to remember is that the quality is also limited to the speed of the end users connection. There is no point providing high quality streams to a limited audience.

Back
Top Bottom