Just had a little go at OC, this can't be good

Soldato
Soulja said:
lowest is 200mhz, i got it down from 347 to 261 but its still in the red, if i left it like that what would happen?

I dunno what happens, I am just a learner too, but from what I read it might make your memory unstable and you might have data getting corrupted, what mobo are you using and what cpu are you overclocking? Did you lock the PCI and AGP clocks?

Try something like CPUz see what that says for your memory, just to double check it

Associate
The biggest problem I can see in that Pic is the AOL in the background...
:p

Get rid of that and he holy god of computing will shine a 60% Overclock on you.

or more seriously, I wouldn't worry about the RAM speed in the monitor app, if it's stable then you have fast RAM and there's nothing to worry about :)

Soldato
OP
Mr Men said:
I dunno what happens, I am just a learner too, but from what I read it might make your memory unstable and you might have data getting corrupted, what mobo are you using and what cpu are you overclocking? Did you lock the PCI and AGP clocks?

Try something like CPUz see what that says for your memory, just to double check it

asus sli-premium with a 4400+ got it clocked to 2600mhz.

cpuz

Soldato
OP
Mikebert4 said:
The biggest problem I can see in that Pic is the AOL in the background...
:p

Get rid of that and he holy god of computing will shine a 60% Overclock on you.

or more seriously, I wouldn't worry about the RAM speed in the monitor app, if it's stable then you have fast RAM and there's nothing to worry about :)

lol :p yeah aol is a terrible program, always crashing and stuff :mad: thanks for the info on the ram :D

Associate
It appears the Nvidia monitor is showing the effective speed e.g. 200*2=ddr400 so the mem speeds are nothing to worry about. However your current speeds of 130mhz and incredibly odd timings 2-3-3-15 2T need sorting out. I suggest you read the overclocking guide before you fiddle further

Back
Top Bottom