x360 controller help

R^T

R^T

Associate
I have had a xbox 360 controller for y pc for ages but cant get XBCD to work.

When I plug my controller in nothing pops up saying new stuff has been found.

the controller works, but I want to get XBCD to work but it wont find my controller.

how can install the xbox 360 controller manually?

Any body shed any light on this please?

Thanks

Associate
go into your hardware properties via right clicking on my computer (properties), go to hardware, device manager when the controller is connected. It should be in there, do update driver.

Last edited:
Associate
I never could get to grips with XBDC myself. I currently use Pinnacle Game Profiler it’s a good tool, it lets the buttons on the controller represent buttons on the keyboard. So this lets the trigger buttons work, the right analog - well everything works!! I use it for GTA:SA. Give it a try. :)

Associate
walkthrough for my way:

1) right click on my computer and go to properties at the bottom of the popup menu.

2) when the properties window appears go to the hardware tab.

3) There is a box saying device manager in the hardware tab, click on it.

4) This should list all your hardware etc for your computer, somewhere in there you will find the xbox controller hopefully. If you right click on it when you find it there will be a popup list. First try to update driver and use automatically find the driver as it should connect to the net and install the correct driver.

5) If that doesnt work then right click on the controller in device manager and click on the uninstall option.

6) unplug the controller and dl the drivers from the net and install them and then plug the controller back in and it should work.

Hope that helps.

Associate
I originally followed the guide here, but I had the same problem as you where it wouldn't let me use the xbcd drivers (I think I got an error message saying 'there was a problem installing these drivers').

In the end I completely removed the xbcd drivers (I had to manually remove a driver from windows\system32\drivers), the microsoft ones, plus any references to xbcd from the registry (er, back it up first of course!).

To be honest, I'm not sure if the xbcd drivers are much better than microsoft's, as I still can't use the triggers as analogue buttons). Then again, I'll freely admit that I'm probably not doing something right:).

Back
Top Bottom