help me get the most from my ram

Associate
Hi, Im relatively new to the overclocking game but ive managed to overclock my amd 3200+ from its stock speed of 2ghz to its present overclock of 2.5ghz via dropping the multiplier to 3 and applying more voltage.

Ok, I now want to get the most out of my RAM by overclocking that aswell. Ive looked at some guides online, but theyre so full of information I feel like my head is going to explode. Im not sure if my ram is capapable of any performance increase, I have ONE stick of 1gb ram, and TWO sticks of 512.

They are all from different manufacturers, the gig is from elixir, one of the 512's is from crucial and the other is from corsair. All of the sticks arent from any performance ranges, and are were all pretty inexpensive.

Ok, here's the memory tab from cpuz;

memorytabjpeg.jpg

Now what should I change in the bios in order to see some gains in my performance? I also hear there are some utilities I can use to change the settings in windows?

Thanks in advance :cool:

Soldato
Last edited:
Caporegime
To be honest, you've done pretty well given the mix of RAM you have, you're not going to get a massive ammount more out of your RAM, and at its current setting you should be getting pretty good performance out of it.

Back
Top Bottom