Virus Found

just ran AVG and it has found 2 viruses. first file name is kill.exe and second is tlist.exe. The result/infection is says virus found Win32/Parite. anyone know what this is? AVG doesn't get rid of it, it just tells me that its there and does nothing. Could this be to do with the fact that this version is illegal?

Associate
Go to trendmicro.com and use their online virus scanner. Some virus can't be deleted because they're running at the time though, so, alternatively, kill the processes manually through task manager and delete those files.
By the way, AVG is free - how can you have an illegal version? :confused:

Soldato
OP
manveruppd said:
Go to trendmicro.com and use their online virus scanner. Some virus can't be deleted because they're running at the time though, so, alternatively, kill the processes manually through task manager and delete those files.
By the way, AVG is free - how can you have an illegal version? :confused:

ok ill go try there. I meant illegal windows, lol sos re-reading what i said i realise how silly i sounded. anyway i meant that my windows is illegal. Im sure to get it to stop asking for a key thing i had to use someapplication called kill.exe

Associate
Kill.exe is a system file, it's supposed to be there. Now if it's been infected with a virus I'm sure AVG or one of the others should be able to fix it, unless the original file was overwritten by a completely different file. Whether your Windows lisence(sp?) is legal or not shouldn't make a difference.

Abz

Abz

Associate
To be honest its always best to have two antiviruses installed in a OS, however some tend to slow the computer down while others just work without using so much system resources.

Try F Prot Anti Virus. Reinstalling an old OS is also always best.

Soldato
addy_010 said:
just ran AVG and it has found 2 viruses. first file name is kill.exe and second is tlist.exe. The result/infection is says virus found Win32/Parite. anyone know what this is? AVG doesn't get rid of it, it just tells me that its there and does nothing. Could this be to do with the fact that this version is illegal?

Good idea to tell the world that you have an illegal version of Windows! :)

Associate
Craig321 said:
Good idea to tell the world that you have an illegal version of Windows! :)

Kudos to him, microsoft make 1 billion a month

btw Avast antivirus is very good and it's free, also any hacks for windows or what ever u download always virus scan the files before u use em :)

Soldato
OP
well i have AVG and Avast and both find it but neither do anything. After they show that they have found it they just show like a summary of what they found and how many files fixed, both say none. Do i need AVG and Avast to run at start up? if so how what do they do while running? I dont have them running solely as they both have an icon in the system tray and i hate icons in the system tray, even though i can hide them i still know they are there. i guess it mihgt be something i wll have to get used to

Associate
Have I read this post correctly ??? a member of overclockers running a illegle version of windows . This cannot be true !! .................yeah .we've all been there ...........just haven't put it into words.

Soldato
OP
well i had to reinstall AVG but now after just doing a simple search going from start menu, search and typing in kill.exe AVG runs and tells me that again a virus was found Win32/Parite and my options are to ignore, move to virus vault, or info

after clicking on info this is what i get:

Virus Encyclopedia
Win32/Parite
This worm infects Windows executable files.

Installation and spreading:
When the worm is launched it finds executable files with EXE or SCR extension on all accessible disk drives and infects them.

Removing:
There is no removal tool for Win32/Parite virus. It's not possible to heal the infected files because the virus overwrites the executable file in most cases. It is necessary to restore damaged files from backup.

The Parite virus also spreads via shared folder on the network. When removing the virus you need to disconnect all computer with shared folders from the network. Then delete all infected files and restore them from a backup. When all computers are virus free then you can connect them back to the network.

Note:
We don't recommend to share all content of your hard drive to the network. If it is necessary share the content only for read-only access. Don't share folders with full control access.

What do i do now????

Soldato
Hi there,

It is very important and you should have an antivirus software, firewall and spyware cleaner type software. You should also make sure you update and run them reguarly

Best Package of Software if you have money to spend:

* NOD32 - (Click Here For Costs)
* ZoneAlarm Firewall - (Free)
* SpywareBlaster - (Free)
* CCleaner - (Free)
* Spybot Search and Destroy - (Free)

Best Package of Software if you don't have money to spend:

* AVAST - (Free)
* ZoneAlarm Firewall - (Free)
* SpywareBlaster - (Free)
* CCleaner - (Free)
* Spybot Search and Destroy - (Free)

Alternate free firewall:

* Sygate Personal Firewall - (Free)

Note: Even though sygate has been sold to Norton, you can still get the Sygate Personal Firewall. The latest version is 5.6 as is available for download in the link above.

Hope this helps!

Back
Top Bottom