Memtest on cd

Permabanned
i cant get this to work :(

i have tried burning the iso download from the memtest website with nero using lots of different settings, but nothing seems to work,

i set 1st boot device to cd-rom but doesnt boot from cd-rom.. just goes straight into windows.

their are no guides on the site or anywhere i could find on google. does anybody know how to do it??

i want to run memtest as bf2 pb keeps disconnecting me giving me this error:
Corrupted File/Memory [81058]

Permabanned
i had the same problem, instead of setting the boot priority press f8 (i think maybe different for your mobo) at the bios/post screen to bring up the boot menu and select the correct drive.

that sorted my problem out

Permabanned
OP
what exactly did you put on the disc? the zip you downloaded?? or the zip inside it?? or the folder inside the zip inside the zip you downloaded lol :confused:

you simply just burn it as it is? or do you have to burn it in the right sort of setting so its bootable?? im using nero 6, cant figure it out

Caporegime
SameSuspect said:
what exactly did you put on the disc? the zip you downloaded?? or the zip inside it?? or the folder inside the zip inside the zip you downloaded lol :confused:

you simply just burn it as it is? or do you have to burn it in the right sort of setting so its bootable?? im using nero 6, cant figure it out

The ZIP you download needs burning straight to CD as an ISO file using Nero.

Permabanned
OP
thats what im doing, i set 1st boot device to cd (or the f8 route) and it just goes straight into windows. if i disable the hdd altogether and only have the cd-rom on, it comes up with this message, DISC BOOT FAILURE, INSERT SYSTEM DISC AND PRESS ENTER

I tried it with the windows xp cd and it works fine..

nero = pain in the

Permabanned
OP
the downloaded memtest is actually a winrar file named memtest86-3.2.iso

in nero i simply just drag and dropped the file in the (CD-ROM ISO) burning window and went for it.. am i doin something wrong?

Back
Top Bottom