K800 on O2 (Pre order)

Soldato
I've got a W800i on O2 On-line, which is due for an upgrade in the next 2-3 months... I've had a lookie on O2's website and the K800 should be out about that time (its currently on pre-order)...

would this be a good upgrade to go for?... I'm looking at going 3G and I'm very much into my Photography and having a Decent camera (w800's is very good but a bit low res now!!) to hand is great for me!, plus the music player is usefull too....

I've looked at a few reviews but I'm unsure what else is or will be out there arround August!...

What other recomendations are there??!??...

Cheers
Sim :)

Soldato
The K800i would be a good choice, I prefer the look of the W850i but the camera on that isn't the greatest.

If you want a good camera with a good flash then you can't go far wrong with the K800i.

Woman of Honour
Man of Honour
It looks really promising to me. I was half tempted to pre-order one at the weekend when I was looking at what new deal to go for (E2Save has a decent offer on the k800 on Vodafone), but decided I needed to save money more than have a top of the range phone, so went for a deal with the w810i instead.
If I'd had the money though, I'd have definitely gone for the k800 :) Really liking the range of SE phones coming out at the moment and in the next few months.

Soldato
VIRII said:
Ask O2 for your PAC code then and get it on T-Mob or Voda and watch how quickly they'll pre-order. The website specifically says it's a pre-order.

Where's my cookie? Wow that's off topic, where were we? Violating Holly35.

cookie2ip.png

I phoned them, explained that I wanted my PAC code... they said it isn't on pre-order, only on the website. Got a cheaper line rental but still not convinced. Might write to o2 customer service...

Permabanned
cleanbluesky said:
things and biscuits and violating holly

Option 1.
Get your PAC then register it with Virgin on a PAYG account.
Then get your PAC from Virgin and ring O2 up. (Note you get 14 days to give O2 your PAC after contract starts if you want to retain the number).

Option 2.
Go to Phones4U (I got mine from there being lazy etc) and explain the issue, then get the E900 on voda / orange etc or get them to do the PAC to virgin etc as in option 1.

Option 3.
Wait until the E900 is available on upgrade at O2.

Option 4.
http://google.mobiles4everyone.com/display.asp?hs=e900

Soldato
Smit said:
The K800i would be a good choice, I prefer the look of the W850i but the camera on that isn't the greatest.

If you want a good camera with a good flash then you can't go far wrong with the K800i.

how is the w810i camera poor?

Last edited:
Permabanned
Clerkin said:
how is the w810i camera poor?

He did not say that it was.

Smit said:
The K800i would be a good choice.

I prefer the look of the W850i but the camera on that isn't the greatest.

*Repunctuated for clarity.

Nem

Nem

Associate
I rang them this moring about upgrading, was told their pre-order system was down and couldn't process my order.

Said it was due in stock w/c 26th and to ring back them.

Was already thinking of trying again tomorrow just in case :)

Nick

Soldato
Simian said:
Its only 2mp where the K800 is 3.2mp 'Cyber-shot' (Proper Camera!)

They had proper cameras that were 2mp. Megapixels isn't everything. A proper 3mp camera will out perform the K800i I'm sure. That said it is going to be my next phone.

Back
Top Bottom