Viewsonic VX2025 20" Widescreen LCD Monitor - any good?

Associate
Hello there!

I've been looking at getting a new monitor for ages and ages to replace my crappy 17" beige crt (which gets more and more wonky as the months roll by lol). first I wanted a 19" 4:3, then i thought 'hmmm maybe 19" WS' and then read about the benefits of going an extra inch and getting 20" WS. The only problem is most of the 20" WS models are so bloody expensive :eek: My original Budget was going to be between £200 and £250 but now I've *almost-kinda-nearly* settled on getting a 20" WS and I am thinking about extending the budget to accommodate this new craving :D I don't think I'm willing to pay much above £300 - maybe up to about £320 but that would be my limit.

The only one on OCUK that falls there is the

Viewsonic VX2025 20" Widescreen LCD Monitor - Silver/Black (MO-052-VS)

at £305. So my question is as the thread title - is this monitor any good? I'll use it a lot for desktop apps and a medium amount of gaming (I play BF2 quite a bit) and I also will watch more tv shows and movies if its 20" ;)

Or should I dip back to 19" WS and get a more top end model?

Thanks in advance ppl :D

Man of Honour
this question is asked a fair amount, have a search and you'll turn up a load of info! :) It's a very good screen. Performance wise, it's comparable to the high end performers of the 19" market anyway. models like the Viewsonic Vp930 are basically just scaled down versions of the VX2025WM since they are all using 8ms G2G P-MVA panels from AU Optronics :) You will miss out on some ergonomic features compared with the VP models, but the VX2025WM is a very good screen. Nice all round performer, and very popular right now

Associate
OP
Cheers dude - I might be purchasing one of these on my next pay day then :p

Ergonomic functions don't really bother me - as long as it looks fairly nice and has a good picture quality then I'll be happy. Extra thingy's like usb hubs and stuff - well pffff if i want a hub i'll buy one :D

Thx again

DeathBymonkey

Associate
Just wanted to add my opinion.

I've had this monitor for almost 2 weeks now and i can say that is absolutely stunning. DVD playback is brilliant and so are games (i play BF2 also) I can't say i've noticed one bit of ghosting so far.

If you think this monitor is for you then go for it. :D

Associate
i have one and think its excellent. Just been reading a review posted on the NEC thread from THG France....and they rate the viewsonic excellently...even higher than the NEC actually. Thats a couple of reviews that Ive read the Viewsonic has won out...so it must be good :D

Back
Top Bottom