Do phones from O2 come locked?

Soldato
Just wondering as I want to sell on the k750i I was sent. Will it be unlocked to any SIM or locked to O2? If so, is there any easy way to unlock it?

Thanks.

Soldato
Spamalot said:
And the phone? It will 90% be unlocked. Is there any O2 logos when you start the phone up?

My dad just changed to T-Mobile from O2, he kept his phone and he still gets the O2 logos and all that jazz.

I spose you could flash it to get rid of them? Not sure how though...

Soldato
OP
Spamalot said:
And the phone? It will 90% be unlocked. Is there any O2 logos when you start the phone up?

The phone was sent to me by o2 CS as part of a tariff change deal. I havent started the phone up as I wanted to avoid unpacking it all. I just wondered if it was standard for o2 to lock their contract phones.

Soldato
nero120 said:
The phone was sent to me by o2 CS as part of a tariff change deal. I havent started the phone up as I wanted to avoid unpacking it all. I just wondered if it was standard for o2 to lock their contract phones.
Like has been said, its more than likkly to be unlocked, but what phone is it, then I can google it to check.

Soldato
what about the N70, o2 sent me 2 by mistake and when they phoned up with the welcome call i told them and all they said was its their mistake and i can keep it. so im gonna sell it or send it back on the 14 day cool off and get the mini s

Caporegime
As its been said before most if not all o2 phones are unlocked to other networks. Ive never had a locked phone with o2 in the 4 yrs i was with them so i would imagine the n70 is unlocked.

Just put another network sim in the phone to make sure but im 99% sure it isnt locked:).

Even their xda phones are unlocked believe it or not.

Soldato
darreny said:
what about the N70, o2 sent me 2 by mistake and when they phoned up with the welcome call i told them and all they said was its their mistake and i can keep it. so im gonna sell it or send it back on the 14 day cool off and get the mini s
Hmmmmm, I'd call and double check I know a few people that this has happened to, and when O2 found out they sent the a bill for the sim free price.

Back
Top Bottom