Back in blighty

Associate
Hey-ho all. I'm back from my 5 months of dossing around on the otherside of the world. Took my 20th flight yesterday back to "sunny" Heathrow, 7 grand lighter but stocked up on a whole heap of awesome experiences.

For a little re-cap, I've been swanning about in Fiji, NZ, Australia, Borneo, Vietnam, Cambodia and Thailand since January and now I'm back ready to post my unique brand of tat, (still got an "old skool" 6 weeks summer holiday before I start work to get reacquainted with the board).

Spent half of today sorting through the 2000 pictures I took - a few of which I stuck online during my trip which you can peruse here, (including many of me looking gimp in various "extreme" situations).

So, what have I missed? Who's been banned? Who am I going to have to add to my ignore list? Any hot meet gossip? And most importantly of all, how has the Filmwise Invisible quiz been going?

Tru

Tru

Soldato
Welcome back Volcs, I'm even more jealous than I was when you set off (7K though? oof). Excellent pics, I'll spend some time looking through them later, but I need to know what the story behind this is....

IMG_1195_sized.JPG

edit: You can make yourself useful here , chop chop! :p

Last edited:
Associate
OP
Tru said:
Welcome back Volcs, I'm even more jealous than I was when you set off (7K though? oof). Excellent pics, I'll spend some time looking through them later, but I need to know what the story behind this is....
That, my friend, is Dinky the "World Famous" Singing Dingo. He's not very good though, sounded more like howling to me than singing. The guy who ran the place just kept shouting "Don't look him in the eyes!" - which kind of ruined the moment.

Tru

Tru

Soldato
Volcs said:
That, my friend, is Dinky the "World Famous" Singing Dingo. He's not very good though, sounded more like howling to me than singing. The guy who ran the place just kept shouting "Don't look him in the eyes!" - which kind of ruined the moment.
Haha, excellent! :D

Associate
OP
i know nothing said:
Mt Kinabalu! That brings back memories.

By the looks of things you visited Sandakan whilst you were there?
Yup. Mt Kinabalu was insane. I had some sadist for a guide who pretty much refused to let me rest. Set off at 3am for the peak and we were up there by 4:45 where I had to sit and freeze my arse off for an hour waiting for the sun to come up. We were first up there, (boast, boast, boast) though so got my obiligatory cheesy photo next to the sign without any problems.

That last km is a killer.

Associate
OP
i know nothing said:
It gave me the worst headache I think I have ever had. My body does not like altitude! I have to confess that I was glad to get back down to the bottom.
I was pretty lucky as it was only really the thin air that got to me, passed a fair few folks mewing their guts up though.

Back
Top Bottom