Please help: Can someone do anything with this picture for me?

Soldato
Couple of questions fellas, hope someone can help.

I have a Fuji A201 Digital camera. Very low spec obviously, but I use it when I go out for runs on my bike to take a few snaps now and again.

Been working fine up until last weekend, when I went on a tour of the NW of Scotland.

As I said, its been working fine, but every so often when I take a picture with it, it comes out like this:-

resized10vn.jpg

Happens at first when you switch the camera on, then say......3 or 4 pictures later, it goes back to normal?.

First of all, can anyone do anything as far as editing that pic to make it look "normal". I realise thats probably a lot to ask, if indeed its even possible. But I dont really know much about phot editing or what is possible with it. Maybe its a lost cause, maybe not. It would be fantastic if someone could retouch it to restore it to some semblance of normality.

If anything is possible with it, here's a clickable thumbnail of the full sized pic that I'd like done:-

Secondly, anyone have any idea whats wrong with the camera, going by the example above?.

Many thanks in advance for any help. :)

Soldato
OP
Ta, much, much appreciated. :)

If it helps, the "pink" parts are supposed to be red, as per my sig, and I have other normal pics of the two bikes in the picture. However, I'm guessing its maybe going to involve more than that, filtering or something?. As I said, not much clued up on this lark.

Last edited:
Soldato
I had a little look but the best I could get it was a B/W image. The colours just didn't seem to be fixable. Maybe a B/W layer for clarity with a colour per layer may do it, I'm not as talented as some of the other guys/gals with this sort of thing though.

Soldato
I had a go, but its a mess. Interested to know how you got some colour back Joe. Did you replace it all? Couldnt adjust it as a whole!

Soldato
ChroniC said:
I had a go, but its a mess. Interested to know how you got some colour back Joe. Did you replace it all? Couldnt adjust it as a whole!
Cant remember, I just kept playing with the sliders:

- colour balance
- brightness
- lightness
- saturation
- contrast
- levels

until it looked as good as i could make it!

Man of Honour
Man of Honour
Joe T said:
James, that's so much better than mine!

If you asked me I would say the sky and the ground are textures added in. It just doesn't look right at all.

I just don't think the photo is recoverable, too much lost detail. As a general rule underexposures are easier to correct than over exposures.

Soldato
of course they have. you cant do anything but that IMO, beucase there just isnt enough detail in the pic

i figured you cant make it look like a proper photo, at least i cant. so why not go for something a little sureal? un natural colours, textures ect? its better than anything you can do with just adjusting the colours.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom