Are they milking it?

Associate
over a month ago my stupid stupid neigbour across the road backed into my car.

Now its been at the garage jus over 3 weeks and i phoned them up again today and they said it would be the end of this week. Do garages take longer because its an insurance job?. I understand theres a lot of body work to do but a month seems crazy.

Soldato
i hope that its a courtesy car and not a hire car. if the third party;'s insurer decide that the repairer have been unreasonable, the bill for the hire will ultimately end up on your doorstep. ive had so many third party drivers thinking they were fleecing the system by driving about in a replacement car for 2 months because they wouldnt decide to settle on a total loss payment, only then to be landed with the hire bill

Soldato
rahzal said:
over a month ago my stupid stupid neigbour across the road backed into my car.

Now its been at the garage jus over 3 weeks and i phoned them up again today and they said it would be the end of this week. Do garages take longer because its an insurance job?. I understand theres a lot of body work to do but a month seems crazy.
you should let the insurance company who is paying know otherwise it can get sticky

Associate
last time i took a works van into the bodyshop, it took 5 weeks to get it authorised, in the end i had to tell the insurance company i would pay and claim back plus expenses, before they got there finger out.
the reason in the end was that the third party who hit me and admitted fault, had a change of heart when there insurance spoke to them. shame they forgot the witnesses. :D :D

Back
Top Bottom