Aargh!! Seicento's reliablility finally failed!

JRS

JRS

Soldato
Damn.

Car was bought new in 2000 - since then, the only things that have needed replacing are the handbrake cable and a brake shoe on the rear-right wheel (replaced all obviously). But on Saturday, the unthinkable happened - the car finally started having real problems.

Well, when I say real - the exhaust silencer blew, and a leak that had been going for a few days decided to get worse. 'twas a gearbox oil leak, thanks to a seal that had forgotten it's primary purpose in life. Replacing that, plus getting a new back box fitted (I didn't fancy the job, being under doctor's orders right now), cost £170. I reckon that must be the most expensive bill in the last ~six years.....

Damn.

Damn damn damn damn damn damn damn.

Soldato
My Seicento has needed some work doing recently too, as the exhaust *fell off* from the mid section to the backbox, as it had rusted through completely :( also had the catalytic converter replaced as that was rusted to hell as well.

Prior to it falling off, my mum had moaned about the exhaust blowing for ages, but I haven't been home to see myself and my dad thought it'd be alright for a while...then one day, a slight bump up the curb as we pull onto the drive, then a slight rattle and then the car generating as much racket as an almost unsilenced 1.1 can do (think chavved up saxo sound) :().

Prior to that, the only thing thats gone wrong had been a rear shock absorber that had been leaking. This is a V plate (2000?) Seicento Sporting, coming up to 30,000 miles.

JRS

JRS

Soldato
OP
panthro said:
I cannot believe, no wait, I refuse to believe you have owned a problem free Fiat for 6 years.

I know. Odd isn't it

Will: mine is on about 35000 miles. Despite the sadness at a failure finally happening, I do feel a sort of irrational pride at the car lasting this long before needing anything approaching major work :)

Maz said:
Bloody Fiats eh :D

Hehehehe :D

Soldato
I own a Fiat Cinquecento (L Reg) and its a good little car, passed each of its MOT's near enough every time (Last time it had some minor things, tyers and a couple of indicator bulbs etc) and the only major thing to go on it was the Cam Belt at around 45k, and atm its done close to 62,250... so another 30k left I guess lmao...

Back
Top Bottom