New Bookshelfs

Associate
hi people i am looking for a new pair of bookshelf speakers for my room. i want to limit my money to around £100 for the pair. i was looking at a pair of Wharfedale Diamond 9.0 or a pair of Mission M70S. can anyone recamend anyother or comment one the speakers i have mentioned.

thanks

Soldato
You can probably get a pair of used B&W DM601s from ebay for around £100, maybe a bit more. You can also get the Wharfedale 9.1s for £129 new and delivered off ebay, and presumably for less than that used. Mordaunt Short 902i's can be had new for £119 delivered if you look around. Monitor Audio B2 used. Acoustic Energy Aegis Evo 1 used. Quad L-ites used. Tannoy Fusion 1/2 new or used.

I haven't used or heard most of those btw (apart from the 9.1s), they're just popular and well rated in the budget sector, so worth looking into.

Associate
I too am looking for a pair of bookshelf speakers for ~£100.

One of the main problems at this price level is the greater compromises involved.

It is necessary to decide what type of music/games are involved.

In addition to those mentioned above, there are the KEF Cresta 10 reduced to £59.99 from £199.99 (although I am not too sure anybody tried selling them at this price?).

I assume all would be an improvement on my 8 year old Mission 73 speakers?

Soldato
I've got a pair for Wharfedale 9.1s which can be had cheap now an they're suitable for me but some people say they're cheap cark so just make sure you try to listen to them.

Soldato
Mundu said:
I've got a pair for Wharfedale 9.1s which can be had cheap now an they're suitable for me but some people say they're cheap cark so just make sure you try to listen to them.

I've got the 9.1s too now (the shop couldn't get hold of the MS 902i's I originally ordered after 5 weeks so gave me a refund). Paid £109 + £20 delivery for them (new). Like you I don't have any way of knowing how good they are since I've never used anything better, but I must say I do enjoy their sound so far, paired up with a Rotel RA02. Smooth quick bass, clear detailed sound. They really do a nice job with my favourite music (Radiohead/Muse/Pink Floyd). Far better than the Eltax Monitor 3's I had before.

Associate
OP
Mundu said:

yeah i have bin going to all the shops here asking for demos of the speakers that im considering

Associate
OP
fish99 said:
I've got the 9.1s too now (the shop couldn't get hold of the MS 902i's I originally ordered after 5 weeks so gave me a refund). Paid £109 + £20 delivery for them (new). Like you I don't have any way of knowing how good they are since I've never used anything better, but I must say I do enjoy their sound so far, paired up with a Rotel RA02. Smooth quick bass, clear detailed sound. They really do a nice job with my favourite music (Radiohead/Muse/Pink Floyd). Far better than the Eltax Monitor 3's I had before.

fish99 is there any chance u could add me to your messenger. cus i would like to no where you got them 9.1s for that cheep

Soldato
Hopefully it's not against the rules to tell you, but I got them from a french hi-fi shop who sell on ebay uk, username: mastersound100. They have some available right now too. Do a search for 'WHARFEDALE Diamond 9.1Brand NEW Loudspeakers pair'.

Shipping was 3 days.

Back
Top Bottom