Media center and xbox360

Associate
Ive just recently hooked my xbox upto my PC through the media center function on the 360. It seems like a good feature being able to listen to music through my tv and speaker setup on that rather then my speakers on my monitor. Well thats what i thought, when i try and play songs they will either play all the way through, hardly ever, or play a bit then start again or get half way through the song and start it again. Anyone else have similar problems?

Associate
What does media centre do?

Does it cost to use?
Do you need extra hardware?
Whats the main point of it?
I dont use my 360 for music or dvd is it worth doing?
What are the benifits?

Man of Honour
Baine said:
What does media centre do?

Does it cost to use?
Do you need extra hardware?
Whats the main point of it?
I dont use my 360 for music or dvd is it worth doing?
What are the benifits?

Media Centre is basically MS Windows XP with added bolt on software that is a front end / user friendly version of Windows Media Player.

Extra hardware? No, except for the optional Remote control + infra red reciever.

Point? Generally to allow you to easily use a PC as a media centre, so plugging your PC into your TV, then running the media centre program, controlling everything with your remote for watching videos / music / pictures / TV etc.

There pretty much is no point in it if you don't ues your 360 for music or DVD.

The point of it being on the 360 allows you to stream all your music and some video from your media centre PC to your 360. Good if you have a PC with Media centre installed upstairs, and have your 360 connected to your main TV/stereo system.

DJB

DJB

Associate
when you say some video, what do you mean , coz ive looked on the media centre on the xbox and i cant seem to find under video the option to search pc for video media only mp3

Man of Honour
DJB said:
when you say some video, what do you mean , coz ive looked on the media centre on the xbox and i cant seem to find under video the option to search pc for video media only mp3
Are you using Media Centre? Or just the music browser to browse HDD? You can only play .wmv files straight from a Media Centre PC, though there are transcoders that'll allow you to play files from the PC with a little bit of tinkering.

Back
Top Bottom