Are these PS2 games 'Must Have' worthy?

Soldato
So I was just browsing through some PS2 Games in order to avoid buying an X-Box 360 and I came across these 3 games:

ICO
God of war
Shadow of the Colossus

I had never heard of these games before and it seems all three have very high reviews!

Does anyone own these, if so what do you think to them?

Man of Honour
ICO - never played, but highly rated
God of War - without a doubt, hell yes, best game on the PS2
Shadow of the Colossus - I played it and enjoyed it, but not sure I'd rate it as a "must have". A "must play" definitely, but I think it's a game that won't appeal to everyone.

Soldato
god of war is not the best game but it is very good, its pretty stylish and just runs really nice. Shadow of the Colossus had much more of the wow factor for me :D

Associate
I also saw these names everywhere so eventually decided to buy SOC and God of War... I was dissappointed to say the least.

SOC wasn't bad, but I took it back after 3 days... no real replay value imo and the only excitement it gave to me was seeing what each colossus looked like.

As for God of War I played it for 2 hours at most and severley disliked it. The fluent and flowing combo system that the developers claim is pretty non-existant and not much better than that of Dynasty Warriors. The gameplay is also mind-numbingly boring and offers nothing new.

I know people are going to disagree and rant at me for this but I am simply offering my opinion which happens to counter that of many others :)

Soldato
Best game for me was GTA: San Andreas, closely followed by God Of War. Shadow of the Colossus went in my PS2 and came out 20 minutes later, didn't like it at all. Never even heard of ICO.

Pro Evo 5 is worth a go aswell. ;)

Permabanned
NokkonWud said:
You need punctuation if you're to convince him to buy it, unless of course, reverse psychology is your thing ;).

But yeah, get Guitar Hero if you want a laugh.

GH2 is out in November :)
Then I'll have 2 guitars. It'll give each player the option of being lead, rhythm, bass and so on.

I wish someone would answer the guitarfreaks vs drummania questions I asked. 2 players on guitar and one on drums with a drum machine. Sounds too cool for words.

Permabanned
NokkonWud said:
Yeah it does! Not even heard of that!

It must be a good game, my mate bought it....
.... he doesn't own a Playstation 2.

Hmm further research into the game suggests that you need a Jap PS2 in order to play it. The game was never released here or in the US as another company has patent over drum simulator games or some such wierdness according to wiki.

The game itself is part of the beatmania series and is made by Konami, it is also very popular in its arcade version in the Trocadero (London).

Apparently it's also really hard. I love the idea of adding a drummer to a GH type game. Add a vocalist too :) Drunken parties would be fantabulous...

Back
Top Bottom