delivering video and Powerpoint content ?

Associate
We use Microsoft Producer (free Powerpoint plugin) for delivering a nicely packaged page with a video and synchronised powerpoint presentation. Unfortunately, MS haven't continued to support Producer, and it's now a bit of a dog - pages created in it won't run on Firefox OR IE7 !! :(

I wonder if anyone has any suggestions for cool techniques or software that allows us to deliver:

a) video stream (with selectable bandwidth)
b) simultaneous presentation with functioning hyperlinks

Associate
I know what you mean - I used producer for nearly all powerpoint shows I created.
I'm having to import the stills of each slide and the video of the presenter into Director MX and sync it all on the timeline. One advantage though is you end up with a .swf file which has good cross-browser compatability.
I don't understand why MS have buried Producer - it worked!!!

Associate
OP
That would be fine, apart from the fact that you lose the ability to jump to certain slides in the presentation, which is vital for what I'm doing.

I posted on the M$ forum about replacements, and have been contacted by a guy who's trying to program a replacement for Producer - see http://www.ipresent.net which looks quite interesting, and he's going to beta soon. It might be worth a dabble ?

Associate
If you use director you can whack some slide punctuation onto the timeline - basically make a menu for key slides - just like producer.

I'm really sceptical about why M$ pulled the plug on Producer. I reckon they've sold the licence to someone to do it as a Pay-For-Product.
So...coming to a shop near you...Producer for Powerpoint at $299.
Know what I mean?

Permabanned
I'm in the same situation. Producer was VITAL for what I was doing, and now our presentations are a mish-mash of Producer and a vist to IE. It's pathetic and making us look totally unprofessional.

Associate
DanB said:
The sad thing is Fanger, we WOULD pay for it !

I'll look at Producer MX as well.

I don't know. Pretty hooked on the MX method now. If it DOES appear repackaged then it would be great if it had an export as flash (.swf) I think I'd pay for it then.
Another thing I've done is to export the powerpoint slides as .gifs and whack them into Premiere Pro with a pic in pic of the presenters video and exported as a .wmv for streaming online. Works well. Only drawback is you loose individual animations on each slide - although you can dummy that with masks in Prem (if you have the time!!!)

Back
Top Bottom