Anyone know any CSS console 'cheats' for recording purposes

Soldato
BEFORE YOU ALL JUMP DOWN MY THROAT !!!!!!!!!!I DO NOT WANT TO CHEAT IN GAME !!!!! to. this is for recording purposesONLY

so yea, basicaly i want to make a few videos form CSS using the record demo + using fraps to record that.

i know of 'mat_wireframe 1'
which gives a really cool looking wire frame view, but you can still see the map textures etc.

so im looking for mor commands to make funky effects for the purpose of recording ONLY

Also, how can i get it so that i can spectate in a recoreded demo, for 3rd person, fly around type shots and multi angles ?

Associate
R B CUSTOMS said:

Also, how can i get it so that i can spectate in a recoreded demo, for 3rd person, fly around type shots and multi angles ?

you cant unless it is a HLTV demo..if you record in eyes that is the demo you get.

Associate
For your second question all you need to do is have rcon access to the server your recording the demo on and then:

- Set tv_enable to 1.
- Reload map so SrcTV can load
- rcon tv_record recordMyCheats

This will start SrcTV recording, go do what ever you want and then tryp rcon tv_stoprecord to stop recording.

To get the .dem you will need FTP access to the server...

There are lots of Cheat CVARs but you would need to again have rcon to a server to set sv_cheats to 0. There are also some little physic settings you could mess with to make things a bit more fun

Heres a couple of commands;

mat_normals 1
mat_wireframe 1 - 4
mat_luxels
r_drawworld

There just a few, there are loads more but im not going to list them

Soldato
OP
Cheers phunky, ill giev em a go... im not sure if youve taken me thwe wrong way though. i ONLY want these codes for use in CSS montages and stufgf. ive figuresd its easier and less of a hog to record demos han using fraps and i ahve the added bonus of being able to do cool effects like merging from wire frames etc during my montage.
so ''There just a few, there are loads more but im not going to list them'' ... may as well... if im gonna cheat in a game it will be grand theft auto on my dusty old Playstation lol

the type of thing i mean is liek if youve aver seen the 'lunatic project' video... pure awsome editing, usin wireframe effects etc

**EDIT**
yeap, those are what iw as lookign for... these are gonna look sweet !
been testing em on a demo file

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom