Royal Ascot

Soldato
OP
fozzybear said:
Proclamation...say no more! ;)

:o

Trainer said after the race that horse wasn't fully fit to do itself justice! :mad: Yeah, cheers!

Ouija Board looks overpriced in the 3.50 and Babodana is worth a small EW bet at around 40-1 in the Royal Hunt Cup at 4.25. Babodana is very consistent but could do with a little more rain.

Feel free to post any fancies! :)

Soldato
fozzybear said:
Ouija Board looks overpriced in the 3.50 and Babodana is worth a small EW bet at around 40-1 in the Royal Hunt Cup at 4.25. Babodana is very consistent but could do with a little more rain.

bizzarre also had a fancy for Babodana - got it @ 40/1 with Totesport. Backed it E/W and 13/2 on Ouija board for the win. Tough race the 3.50 with the favourites looking very classy but @ 13/2 worth a punt.

Soldato
OP
booyaka said:
Tough race the 3.50 with the favourites looking very classy but @ 13/2 worth a punt.

Ouija Board is classy enough. English and Irish Oaks winner and a winner at the Breeders Cup in 2004. It just looks a massive price today although the trip might be on the sharp side. A fast pace would suit.

Soldato
fozzybear said:
Ouija Board is classy enough. English and Irish Oaks winner and a winner at the Breeders Cup in 2004. It just looks a massive price today although the trip might be on the sharp side. A fast pace would suit.

i hope you were on it ! - 8/1 it won at - albeit i got it at 13/2 and took the price :( :D

Better than nothing!

Soldato
OP
booyaka said:
i hope you were on it ! - 8/1 it won at - albeit i got it at 13/2 and took the price :( :D

Better than nothing!

I was on at 8-1. I had a win single on Ouija Board, EW on Babodana and win double on both. Shame Babodana didn't win. I'd of needed a wheelbarrow to collect my winnings! :p

It was given a cracking ride by Peslier and won pretty cosily in the end. Sometimes you've just got to ignore the hype on such horses as David Junior (11-8 fav). Its a decent horse but was hyped up by the trainer too much after it won in Dubai.

I'll post my selections for each race later on. It looks quite a tough day though.

Soldato
fozzybear said:
I was on at 8-1. I had a win single on Ouija Board, EW on Babodana and win double on both. Shame Babodana didn't win. I'd of needed a wheelbarrow to collect my winnings! :p

It was given a cracking ride by Peslier and won pretty cosily in the end. Sometimes you've just got to ignore the hype on such horses as David Junior (11-8 fav). Its a decent horse but was hyped up by the trainer too much after it won in Dubai.

I'll post my selections for each race later on. It looks quite a tough day though.

agreed - also had the Holland game as a draw so not a bad day all in all.

I know this is the horses thread but the Czech game looks a stick on draw again today.

Soldato
OP
2.35 Dutch Art
3.10 Scottish Stage
3.50 Distinction
4.25 Sir Gerard
4.55 Ivy Creek (NAP)
5.30 Grey Boy

I know i said it looked a difficult day but i really fancy the first 5 in that list quite strongly. Ivy Creek looks the best bet as it was so unlucky last time.

I've just done all 6 in a Lucky 63 (6 horses). The last race was a toss up between Grey Boy and the one owned by Sheikh Mohammed (number 2 i think).

Soldato
fozzybear said:
2.35 Dutch Art
3.10 Scottish Stage
3.50 Distinction
4.25 Sir Gerard
4.55 Ivy Creek (NAP)
5.30 Grey Boy

I know i said it looked a difficult day but i really fancy the first 5 in that list quite strongly. Ivy Creek looks the best bet as it was so unlucky last time.

I've just done all 6 in a Lucky 63 (6 horses). The last race was a toss up between Grey Boy and the one owned by Sheikh Mohammed (number 2 i think).

Scottish Stage was one for me, looks good value.

Back
Top Bottom