Astra

Soldato
I'm borrowing an Astra SXi Sport Hatch whilst my Corsa is having some stonechips and scratches repaired.

Now onto the Astra, whilst it goes like the stink on the motorway and sounds nice, I really can't stand this car :sick:

Interior is just too grey, I feel lost with all these buttons.
Rear window is too small to make out whats going on around me whilst reversing.
Driving position, just can't get used to it, the seats feel harder than the ones in my C
Gear stick, too used to the one in my C
Dash, I don't know when i'm speeding and when i'm not. I have to pay more attention lol.

Are all my dislikes. I can't wait to get my Corsa back. :o

I've drove the 5 door Astra 1.7CDTi Life and preferred that over this abomination :p

Caporegime
You rate an astra lower than your corsa then comment on how grey its dash is compared to yours!

All those buttons are electric things and operate toys and gadgets, perhaps these are missing from your corsa due to the fact you need to turn wheels for things to happen.

I would take an astra over a corsa any day of the week.

Last edited:
Soldato
As an owner of an Astra SXi sports hatch, must say your off your rocker Tupac when you say you prefer a corsa!
I find the driving position is great, seats are comfortable and supportive. Engine makes a good noise and gearbox is fine.

The only thing I'll agree with you on Tupac is the rear window, however it's a well documented fact and you just get used to it after a while!

Soldato
We know hes off his rocker. Hes got a new (05 i think) corsa that he paid LOTS of $$ for :D now who in their right mind would do that.

£6k odd for a 1.2 wasnt it Tupac? ;)

Soldato
Valo said:
As an owner of an Astra SXi sports hatch, must say your off your rocker Tupac when you say you prefer a corsa!
I find the driving position is great, seats are comfortable and supportive. Engine makes a good noise and gearbox is fine.

The only thing I'll agree with you on Tupac is the rear window, however it's a well documented fact and you just get used to it after a while!

If you don't mind me asking, which model did you go for??

Soldato
Tupac said:
Yes it was James :o

The Astra i'm borrowing is a 1.4 SXi Sport Hatch.

LMAO, I thought it was a big engined one you had there from you saying "it goes like the stink on the motorway" but no you got the slow one.

Incidently my Dad has got a 1.4 SXi Sport Hatch today as a hire car, he ain't going to be happy, he hates them.

Soldato
OP
saitrix said:
LMAO, I thought it was a big engined one you had there from you saying "it goes like the stink on the motorway" but no you got the slow one.

Incidently my Dad has got a 1.4 SXi Sport Hatch today as a hire car, he ain't going to be happy, he hates them.

Well I guess it feels quicker than the 1.0 I had for 10 months and the 1.2 I now drive.

And the 55 reg Corsa SXi I paid £6k odd ...

Back
Top Bottom