Going to Thorpe Park!

Soldato
Hey fellas, me and the little lady are going to thorpe park for the day.

Anyone been, got experiences? I've got the Extreme Fast Track Package for 2 and I've booked in advance.

Any advice or recent experiences? Looking forward to Stealth, although I've not got fast track ;)

So, suggestions on what to do there e.t.c Taking a basket and we'll have a very cheesy picnic :)

Ant :cool:

Associate
I go there relatively often. Food there can be expensive so I tend to take a bag with a couple of sandwiches from tescos in etc. There are lots of nice places to go to eat, even the train that takes you to the zoo area would be a good place.

My advice is to go on that vertical drop thing. It's the best and worst ride I have ever been on... well worth a go, but never again :D

Associate
Stupid question but you'll save me 30 secs googling:

How much is it to get in? My little lady's been nagging to go for a while...

Associate
WantoN said:
Hey fellas, me and the little lady are going to thorpe park for the day.

Anyone been, got experiences? I've got the Extreme Fast Track Package for 2 and I've booked in advance.

Any advice or recent experiences? Looking forward to Stealth, although I've not got fast track ;)

So, suggestions on what to do there e.t.c Taking a basket and we'll have a very cheesy picnic :)

Go on the best rides before it gets too hot, three of the rides closed due to heat/technical problems (nemesis, no-way out and Colossas)

I went on the 9th June, when Jn 8-10 of the M25 decided to close on the way out of the park! :mad: Get Sat Nav too. Great day out though!

Soldato
stealth was funky... preferred samuraiz (or however they spelt it)

good tihng about thorpe park is its not as popular as alton towers... so the queues are usually not as bad... if u can go when the weather is a bit rubbish then they are even better

they have tidal wave there, which will literally soak you from head to foot... so as long as its warm it doesn't matter if it rains as you cant get any wetter :D

oh and they have teacups... a classic if u spin the thing in the middle really fast ;)

Associate
I think it's £20-30 per person.If you google around you are highly likely to find buy one ticket get one free offers or something similar though. (I happen to have about 20 of those lying around at home)

Soldato
OP
DeFrEaTs said:
I think it's £20-30 per person.If you google around you are highly likely to find buy one ticket get one free offers or something similar though. (I happen to have about 20 of those lying around at home)

Crap :(

Associate
The last time I went Thorpe Park, me and my friends purchased our tickets beforehand through an agency site, and they didn't even check the tickets upon entry! :eek:

Soldato
I've been quite a few times in the past, the fast track system was called '4play' which was a bit erm, y'know, where the 4 main rollercoasters had a quicker queueing system - the 10 loop roller coaster is great, and so is the nemesis copy, I think that you'll have a decent day out, but try stay away from the kid oriented beach it looks a bit 'unclean' sometimes.

:)

Soldato
loopylou said:
Don't go on the strange pyramid shaped ride, the worst ride I have ever been on ... it was just weird.

The worlds first backwards roller coaster in the dark called X:\ No Way Out :)

Used to go everyday in the holidays when I was younger but I used to live about 10 mins bike ride away :p Was handy as we used to get free tickets with older brothers ans sisters working there or when we were much younger, going in through the Zoo for free :D

Caporegime
DJammyRasta said:
stealth was funky... preferred samuraiz (or however they spelt it)

good tihng about thorpe park is its not as popular as alton towers... so the queues are usually not as bad... if u can go when the weather is a bit rubbish then they are even better

they have tidal wave there, which will literally soak you from head to foot... so as long as its warm it doesn't matter if it rains as you cant get any wetter :D

oh and they have teacups... a classic if u spin the thing in the middle really fast ;)

Haha your my kind of person! The teacups are by far the best ride at the park! :p

I went there last june, 30+ degrees all day and the longest queue was less than an hour. Try and get there for just before it opens then do all the big rides straight away when there is no queue then the smaller rides during the main part of the day and then the big ones later in the day when everyone is going home, the majorty of the queues we were in were no more than 10 mins because of this.

Tidal wave, make sure you do it earlier on in the day.

Friend: it doesnt look like you get too wet
me: yeah it doesn't
on the ride and the wave surrounds the entire boat
friend: Hey look its missing us completly
me: Oh yeah i though we would get quite we...
50million gallons of water fall on us
friend: ah... :p

Don't go on the strange pyramid shaped ride, the worst ride I have ever been on ... it was just weird.

X no way out isnt too bad, take it as an oldie instead as a major new one and ths quite good. Collossus on the other hand isnt brilliant, its ok but nemesis inferno is better by far.

Soldato
WantoN said:

My girlfriend went there last week and told me that stealth was really good, she went on it twice and wants to drag me there next time :D

Back
Top Bottom