How much water do you drink ?

Soldato
I drank 4 and a half litres yday :eek: first time ever I've drank that much. I am replacing fizzy drinks with water. Water's alrite like but I did run to the toilet about 15 times yday.

Man of Honour
Man of Honour
Abraham said:
i think it's more like 20 a day for 4 days would kill you or something like that
but the physical ability to drink 20 litres a day comes into play, and it is very difficult to actually drink a dangerous amount of water

i do worry i drink a bit too much sometimes, but i eat plenty as well so it's all good :D

i drink about 4 litres on a normal day, but it varies probably between 2 and 6

It would also depend on how much you were losing. I drink about 3 times as much as normal when I'm working in the heat of Egypt and I fully expect to be drinking about 12 litres a day when it gets really hot over the next couple of months but most of that will be lost as sweat.

pax

pax

Associate
Cobra said:
I just sit and drink water whatever I'm doing. I reckon I have 3 or 4 litres a day. I do a fair bit of sport though. It's like I'm addicted to it though, I just get myself a pint of water whenever I get up to do anything at all!
And yes, I go to the toilet a lot, sometimes I've been up 3 times in one night...
becareful (to everyone, I'm just picking on Cobra's example)...... http://answers.google.com/answers/threadview?id=398342

Drinking water is good for you, but this needs to be moderated by your environment and activity level. You should also consider topups to your mineral salt intake if you drink a lot of water.

If you sit in A/C all day, then you are more likely to get dehydrated, even though you are not sweating.

Yes, they say 1.5-2L is on average the amount you should consume. Please see the example on http://www.naturodoc.com/library/nutrition/water.htm for one of the recommended ways to calculate how much water you should be consuming. (See http://nutrition.about.com/od/hydrationwater/a/waterarticle.htm for another example for water calculation)

Given the results of drinking too much, if you are not sure after doing your googling, please consult your doctor.

I drink 1.5-3L/day

Pax

Soldato
Too much of anything could do damage to you, but the point in most people dont drink enough water. Nobody's saying you should drink a lake everyday :p

Soldato
About a year ago I never drank water then over summer decided to change my unhealthy ways! For a year I drank tons of water and ate healthily which was great though I didn't really notice the benefits. For the last 2 months during exams I think I got depressed or nervous or something because I eat like a pig now. :( Coke and Pizza is my mainstay. :mad: I am now lethargic, headachy, bloated and sore and only drink maybe a glass of water a day.

I can therefore conclude that water pwns, so drink it. I never quite adapted to toilet duties though - always desperate. :(

Caporegime
i drink loads, i have over 2 litres at the gym 4 times a week for a start, plus ive always got a water bottle that i fill up (from the water dispensers in work) constantly.

doesnt help me when im measuring bf% :/

Caporegime
500ml lucozade sport in the mornings
Then I top up that bottle 3-4 times a day at work
Then 2-3 pints at home in the evenings

So I generally fluctuate between 3-4 litres a day

You need more if it's hot of if you are excercising as well.

I only really started drinking more water when I started working after highschool, and I definitely feel better for it.

Only problem is that if I don't drink, I get thirsty quicker than people who drink less on average :(

My gf drinks almost no water, doesnt like plain water, so usually drinks fruit juice (which is ok, if a bit pricey) and fizzy drinks (which don't really help much).

As such, her blood pressure is low, and she needs lip moisturiser very often.

I'm trying to wean her onto the water thang :D

Soldato
it counts by how much water you actually take in, if you're drinking excessive amounts, which i only tend to do when out and not drinking, you'll pass most of it straight out
orange juice actually helps you take more water into your system, so OJ plus water is a very good hydrator and as such hangover cure/preventative
milk does contain a fair amount of water, and nothing that dehydrates you
tea varies because you can vary how strong it is/how much caffeine is in it
however a strong cup of tea will pretty much dehydrate you as much as you drink, and as such doesnt help hydrate you at all

Back
Top Bottom