Does anyone know what average maintenance figures are for children?

Soldato
Im going through a seperation with my wife at the moment, we have two children, aged 10 and 11 - does anyone have any idea if i have the kids 5 days out of 14, roughly what i would be expected to give my wife for her having the other 9 days out of 14?

Associate
Am pretty sure that for 2 kids its 20% of your take-home salary.

This is then reduce by a 1/7 for each night of the week they stay with you (i think that if they just stay with u during the day then it doesnt count).

Associate
I'm sure it's not the case, but it seems to me that if you have the kids for 5 nights and she has them for 9 then you should only be legally obliged to pay support for the 4 more nights she has them over you. And working on the 2 kids = 20% figure it should mean you pay somewhere in between 5-6% of your salary.

Caporegime
KASM said:
Hang on I've just sent a text to the Mrs, she works for CSA so see what she says.

We can expect a reply in about 6 months, if she bothers at all then? ;) :rolleyes:

No offence to your Mrs mate, but, from my bitter experience, imo ,the CSA could'nt run a bath.

DRZ

DRZ

Soldato
R124/LA420 said:
We can expect a reply in about 6 months, if she bothers at all then? ;) :rolleyes:

No offence to your Mrs mate, but, from my bitter experience, imo ,the CSA could'nt run a bath.

They are under unbelievable pressure there, the whole thing is a joke. A relative of mine worked there for a very short period of time before the stress levels got far too much and she left.

Pressure doesnt only come from the joke of a system they have to work with but from all of the irate families they have to deal with on a daily basis that dont exactly make things easy ;)

Associate
R124/LA420 said:

She did confirm nellystews calculations, sorry I didn't reply earlier but my fault and not the CSA's :p

As for the above quote, having heard both sides for a number of years I know how under powered the CSA are, if they were actually given the power to do something to non-paying parents then more people would be paying what they owe meaning children would be financially supported better.

At the end of the day it shouldn't be the responsibility of a Government organisation to step in to make a parent responsible for supporting their own offspring, but they have to because too many parents both mothers and fathers think its ok to walk away from their family and expect the rest of us to pay for their childrens up bringing.

Associate
InwardSinging said:
Im going through a seperation with my wife at the moment, we have two children, aged 10 and 11 - does anyone have any idea if i have the kids 5 days out of 14, roughly what i would be expected to give my wife for her having the other 9 days out of 14?

Welcome to the club :) My two boys are 5 and 7 though..... It's 20%, with reductions starting if you have them overnight for 56 days a year. All cases are individually calculated, and it's a PITA.....

Soldato
OP
reddeathdrinker said:
Welcome to the club :) My two boys are 5 and 7 though..... It's 20%, with reductions starting if you have them overnight for 56 days a year. All cases are individually calculated, and it's a PITA.....

cool thanks, its just to get an idea of a starting point anyway for negotiations with the wife.

She wasnt best pleased last night when i told her what she was likely to get though if we used the CSA's rules :p

Man of Honour
InwardSinging said:
cool thanks, its just to get an idea of a starting point anyway for negotiations with the wife.

She wasnt best pleased last night when i told her what she was likely to get though if we used the CSA's rules :p

I might be wrong but don't the CSA take a % for admin costs?

Morba said:
what does she give you for having the child 5 nights?

I'm sure that is taken into consideration from the final cost.

OzZie said:
Although to be honest give as much as you can :)

.. so she spend on going clubbing, makeup and having her nails done :rolleyes: (not directed at TS)..

Last edited:
Suspended
OzZie said:
For 5 days, i would say about £150-200 or thereabouts. (<Maybe inaccurate!)

Although to be honest give as much as you can :)

what? 5 nights at £200??? On £40 a day I can afford to go out and get sloshed and eat really nice food aswell.

for 5 days I say about £40-£50 should do it :)

Back
Top Bottom