Backing up a hidden system partition?

Soldato
The partition contains a factory install of XP and I'd like to back it up. I can see it with PartitionMagic but I'm not sure which application to use for backup/restore?

Soldato
I recently came across the nightmare that is hidden factory reset partitions on a shop bought PC myself when I tried to ressurect my sisters pc. Unfortunately the HD died before I was able to proper back it up, which in a nutshell is why the idea of hidden backup partitions is so stupid. Anyway, what I would do would be to forget about backing up the hidden partition, just do a factory reset and then backup the C drive as is with Ghost, call this your virgin backup. Then if you want install your drivers and stuff and ghost that partition to use as your main backup. Write these to a dvd and then get rid of the backup partition alotgether as to my mind it just takes up space and is no use as a safe backup anyway (see above)

In short get Ghost, you'll probably want to backup your c drive with it anyway before doing the factory reset.

Soldato
michellez said:
If it comes with a recovery partition it should come with a program installed in Windows to make a set of recovery CDs.

What computer is it?

My old Packard Bell computer came with this but it managed to create corrupted disks multiple times (with Sony CD-Rs) so in the end I had a computer that couldn't be recovered so I was forced to buy recovery disks from them :mad:

Back
Top Bottom