PREY demo today...

Soldato
HEYUP... Another game that runs twice as fast on 1 graphics card :(
All set to highest 1280 / 2x aa: in bathroom at start = 19fps on 2 card but 38fps on 1 card, sheesh.
If you're old school like me then to invert the mouse just edit the config file as follows:
seta m_pitch "-0.022"
notice the minus sign.

Soldato
juno_first said:
All set to highest 1280 / 2x aa: in bathroom at start = 19fps on 2 card but 38fps on 1 card, sheesh.
Thats really bad, even with 1 card.
I'm running full settings, 4xAA 8xAF on a stock 7900GT (which is apparantly on par with the 7800GTX) and havent noticed it drop under 60 yet (using vsync on my 60Hz monitor)

Soldato
juno_first said:
HEYUP... Another game that runs twice as fast on 1 graphics card :(
If you're old school like me then to invert the mouse just edit the config file as follows:
seta m_pitch "-0.022"
notice the minus sign.

Try to rename the .exe to doom3.exe or quake4.exe

Last edited:
Associate
Really enjoyed the demo, very good. The MP made me feel very ill though, infact even thinking about it is making me a bit queasy :)

Permabanned
Rebel=UK= said:
Wow this demo is great, as said above its so well coded. Ill be buying this when its out.

prey5.jpg

Where do you go after this I just can't find what to do! (Go on laugh !! )

Soldato
Runs sweet as a nut here, everything maxed out, pity it dosent support 1440x900.

And it played my fave song in the game, Barracuda, by heart. Woot :)

Im stuck on the bit where you drop down by the egg laying thing, will try again later.

Whens this out, i cant wait.

Oh, and the yahoo download link maxed out my 10mb ntl connection :)

Associate
I thought it was a very good demo.. doesn't mean the final game will be great, but now I'll be giving it more attention when it arrives. What's there is good, but whether the rest of the game is as fresh and interesting isn't certain - lots of FPS games are great fun for a few hours then get repetitive.

From the demo though, good fun :)

Soldato
Bloody amazing. So original in my opinion. And i really loved this bit, where you can follow yourself through those warping boxes. Hehe... Sadly enough i was amazed by it so i took a screenie :D

Untitled 1.jpg

Soldato
Running great here on a 6800GT @ 400/1100 . I just got a bit past where you get a gun and i think its a great game already, will defo buy this. I would have liked to of spent a bit more of the game on earth though, that bar bit looked excellent.

Mark

Back
Top Bottom