Mosh pits

Suspended
Not about music by the way!

Ive been talking to a mate about download which reminded me about mosh pits when i used to go to rock nights more a few years ago. How come in mosh pits people get hurt (and i used to quite a lot) but you dont really feel the pain. Is it because its so intense? Is it sort of like on the film 'fight club'

Heres a couple of mosh pit vids that are quite good

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SbaGJeSpzV0

Link removed - too much swearing
-Berserker

Soldato
First one is stupid hardcore "dancing". I'm a huge fan of hardcore music, but that dancing is retarded.

People don't feel it probably because they are drunk :p I've got smacked in the nose at a CKY gig, and didn't feel it for the whole night.

A5H

A5H

Permabanned
cleanbluesky said:
teen angst because their parent's wont buy them the latest iPod to listen to songs about suicide on?

Say that to people in lamb of god pits. See what happens :p
Google video "Wall of death". I can't link because they swear.
Seeing them + slayer + inflames in november. Should be brutal.

Ash

Edit: Them videos in the OP won't work for me.
But I suggest you all watch the LoG wall of death.

Sic

Sic

Soldato
i've been in a mosh pit once, and only once. at a mate's gig. some guy headbutted me and lost half of his eyebrow. i don't do moshpits anymore.

apparently, my head's too hard

Man of Honour
AlexG12 said:
WTF is the point in doing that? Stupid tbh.

it's just like dancing. you really get hurt unless your 1/2 the size of everyone else.. I rarely got hurt. You do wake up with aces and pains but thats cos of head banging and jumping around.

Soldato
cleanbluesky said:
teen angst because their parent's wont buy them the latest iPod to listen to songs about suicide on?

no personal insults please! The question was "How come in mosh pits people get hurt (and i used to quite a lot) but you dont really feel the pain. Is it because its so intense?"

Not "Why?"

Suspended
OP
A5H said:
Say that to people in lamb of god pits. See what happens :p
Google video "Wall of death". I can't link because they swear.
Seeing them + slayer + inflames in november. Should be brutal.

Ash

Edit: Them videos in the OP won't work for me.
But I suggest you all watch the LoG wall of death.

wow. that guy in the middle was brave. i wonder how cleanbluesky would come out if he said that comment he made there. LOL

A5H

A5H

Permabanned
Most decent bands will say something along the lines of 'the guy next to your is your brother'. If you get knocked over most people pick you up :)
I love it and it's on hell of a spectacle for heavy stuff with angry lyrics. But pits to fallout boy and stuff really irritate me :/ What anger is there?

I also hate 'hardcore' dancing. What the hell is that about?
I'm interested to see what happens at leeds when slayer play and all the my chemical romance fans are there to get a good view for the next band.

Edit:

Answer: Adrenaline + alcohol :p

Soldato
FincH said:

No insults, read the FAQ.

The question was "How come in mosh pits people get hurt (and i used to quite a lot) but you dont really feel the pain. Is it because its so intense?"

Not "Why?"

The question was "Is it becasue its so intense", otherwise I see no question marks.

It's not hard to explain why people get hurt in mosh pits... its becasue they look like an experiment with retards and whiskey gone wrong...

Soldato
To make a serious comment, I think there are a lot of people who attend concerts without actually caring about the music.

You see them looking bored while the music is on. Also, there are people that go for mild violence. I think it is more symptomatic amongst the younger people in the audience than others.

Soldato
geeza said:

These don't remind me of any mosh pits I've ever been in, the first one is just plain stupid, by there nature mosh pits tend to be right in front of the stage and the idea that people would leave huge amounts of space for people to run into each other etc. seem pretty alien to me!

Also I don't remember mosh pits being about "trying to hurt" the other person it was just a massive tussle of lots of people banging into each other, I can remember bouncing into some 18 stone monster man and I went flying across the pit. The thing is even though the guy looked like he would eat babies he came over picked me up and one moshed along together for a while!

HEADRAT

Last edited:
Suspended
OP
cleanbluesky said:
No insults, read the FAQ.

The question was "Is it becasue its so intense", otherwise I see no question marks.

It's not hard to explain why people get hurt in mosh pits... its becasue they look like an experiment with retards and whiskey gone wrong...

i went to a killswitch engage concert completely sober. Its just the rush and all the energy i think. Same as at large dance events

Kol

Kol

Man of Honour
I fell into a 'mosh pit' last year whilst in Rock City :( Funny thing was, I've since been back whilst less intoxicated and it's a level floor so how I 'fell into it' I'm not so sure.

Problem was, I got pushed into the middle when my intention was to head to the bar. I was gutted. It was rubbish too.

Back
Top Bottom