• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

XFX XXX versions - limited run?

Associate
I've bought the following UEE / XXX versions over the last year, and each time when I've got to a point of considering SLI a couple of months later, the cards are no where to be seen...

7800GTX 256 UEE
7800GTX 512 XXX
7950 GX2 XXX

Just noticed the 7950 is no longer stocked by OCuk... but limited availability elsewhere it seems...

Random thought for Saturday afternoon.....

Associate
yeah thats how it always seems so this time i just bought 2 7900 gtx's as soon as they came out killed the credit card for the month but now all is good im goner keep these ones for a year then dx 10 cards will be out anyway

Associate
DrEvil said:
I've bought the following UEE / XXX versions over the last year, and each time when I've got to a point of considering SLI a couple of months later, the cards are no where to be seen...

7800GTX 256 UEE
7800GTX 512 XXX
7950 GX2 XXX

Just noticed the 7950 is no longer stocked by OCuk... but limited availability elsewhere it seems...

Random thought for Saturday afternoon.....

You looking at going SLi with your 7950 GX2 mate? I might know some one who has one going spare.

Ass me to MSN if you wanna know more...

Agent.

Caporegime
the 7800 series ha snow became obsolete which is such a stupid thing to do when they still continue to make some lower models, well its their choice if they want to lose out on some of the market share

Associate
OP
LoadsaMoney said:
7950 XXX has probably been removed as they can't produce them like the 7900 GTX XXX, i think they could only manage about 1x a month if that, so im not suprised they gave up. :D

LOL - probably :D

Agent - thanks for the offer, tbh was going to wait to see what the results were once the drivers were out for quad SLI support. Think I'll wait for G80 now tbh (and possibly the not the XXX version! ;)).

Cheers, Alex

Caporegime
Yup the xxx editions were the true "press editions" of any graphics card ever imo, proabably about 100 people in the world with them if even. :o

Back
Top Bottom