What aspects/areas do we beat/better the yanks?

Soldato
healthcare
(lack of) guns
pink floyd
we made half of jimi hendrix experience
football(at the moment, only just :p)
some TV shows
we have a channel with no ads
The Office > american The Office
They shoot immigrants = win
as said before, we know anatomy well enough to know our foot bone is attatched to our leg bone. Not our arm bone :o

Last edited:
Associate
Castor said:
Having lived in Texas for a year a can say the standard of living is way better than the uk, also they seem to have something the uk is losing fast...familly values.

Ah, so that's what they call incest in the southern states. ;)

Permabanned
One thing that I don't like in America is how religious they are. This is gonna annoy some people but for a developed country they are a bit over the top on God. Obviously not all of them live in kukoo land as they make a lot of discoveries and have top science projects.

But I saw a program about these crazy strikt Christians that were teaching the Bible as fact, this is in a school for Children, Suerly not that short of brainwashing. Keep this poo for Sundays only please and don't just skip Evolution. the kids also didn't like rock and roll as the beat was similar to sex. I mean wtf is wrong with sex and how does rock and roll sound like it. Rock and roll isn't even new. They would LANGUAGE! die if they came to my house and listend to some real tunes.

Soldato
iamgud said:
the kids also didn't like rock and roll as the beat was similar to sex. I mean wtf is wrong with sex and how does rock and roll sound like it. Rock and roll isn't even new. They would LANGUAGE! die if they came to my house and listend to some real tunes.

lol Think I saw that. The religious chappy was drawing parallels between the strong beats in normal 4/4 time rock music and the 'rhythmic act of sex' :p

Associate
A few things I found annoying about America:

- Over the top custom service (ok its nice to be nice but if you speak to me in with your annoying voice again I'll hit you)
- Their television programming is a joke. Watching any american TV annoys the hell out of me (they have some good shows though).
- Speed limits
- Gun crime and gangsters (give me chavs any day)
- Legal drinking limit

Things that annoy me about this country:

- Petrol prices
- Yobos and benefit scroungers
- Immegration (sp?) polices
- Government
- Cost of living
- Police
- Policital ******* correctness and human rights

Soldato
We're better at NOT delivering parcels quickly enough.

I buy a lot of my Elvis-related stagewear from the USA and it spends more time over here than it does getting from the US to here.

A lady in tennessee recently made me some belts. She sent them on a tuesday afternoon, and I received them on the friday morning. On this occasion parcelforce must have had their fingers out for a change. It's usually 3 days to get to UK, plus 4 days once it's here.

I love buying from the yanks. They can't help you enough.

Back
Top Bottom