So, BF2 is used for terrorist recruitment now

Soldato
Loads of media are used and have been used for propaganda, just remember how many people signed up to the air force after top gun, and how many people where "pushed" to join by the America's army video game. To top that up, there have been games simulating a crisis where US army soldiers are sent in countries to rescue them from imaginary evil dictators. These situations, however, are real, with the only difference being that the government is not a dictatorship, it just doesn't go well with American interests. If you search on bbc you will find a couple of articles about Chaves.

Anyway I didn't have a look at the video but it's not the first time something like this has happened!

Soldato
lol uh ohhhhh next time I play an online game I will be on the look out, whoever has a sword/axe or a gun is gonna get reported. Oh wait they all do :rolleyes:

Soldato
Forbidden said:
u,r last link dnt work.

The FBI must have removed it already.

Hang on, there's a helicopter over my house and a load of blacked out 4x4s just pulled up . Now where did I put my suicide vest. Damn, my mum's put it in the wash :eek:

Soldato
Mujja said:

Hang on, there's a helicopter over my house and a load of blacked out 4x4s just pulled up . Now where did I put my suicide vest. Damn, my mum's put it in the wash :eek:

She better put some conditioner with it too, you can get a nasty itch wearing that thing in a hot day!

Soldato
Mujja said:

Hopefully not with the explosives....Now arm yourself and when they burst through your door and ceiling, shout alahuakbar and press the red button... :eek: :p

Soldato
Stellios said:
The USA can shut off the internet? Were all doomed.
If they messed around with ICANN they could throw the Domain Name System into disarray, but they couldn't shut down the internet. If the USA had that kind of power there would be public outrage and riots aplenty :)

Man of Honour
Al Vallario said:
If they messed around with ICANN they could throw the Domain Name System into disarray, but they couldn't shut down the internet. If the USA had that kind of power there would be public outrage and riots aplenty :)
Without the root servers, the DNS system would come to it's knees within 24-72 hours (depending on local cached copies of DNS entries). Unless you know the IP addresses of all the places you want to visit (e.g. have them in your hosts file), you're pretty much done for after that.

Soldato
Berserker said:
Without the root servers, the DNS system would come to it's knees within 24-72 hours (depending on local cached copies of DNS entries).
Hmm... I see. I assumed (with my limited knowledge of the DNS system) that in the absence of the root servers the DNS system would continue to work as it did before the root servers went down (i.e. no updates).

Well, I'm off to fix up my "Free the DNS!", "Down with America!" placards... :)

Back
Top Bottom