Has anybody got the k800i yet?

Soldato
O2 had it on sale as from tomorrow (27th june) but on their website you can already order it...Has anybody got one yet? Whats the lowdown?

Suspended
I want to know this aswell.

Does anyone know if O2 are going to brand the phone in anyway, or use their own software? I hate the way Orange does this. I don't mind Orange, and would just upgrade with them if they only didn't brand their phones, it ruined my k750i.

Associate
Depth said:
I want to know this aswell.

Does anyone know if O2 are going to brand the phone in anyway, or use their own software? I hate the way Orange does this. I don't mind Orange, and would just upgrade with them if they only didn't brand their phones, it ruined my k750i.

Afaik, O2 dont do much atall to their phones, at most they'll probably stick an o2 theme + screensaver on there. Both of which you can choose not to use. Thats what they did with my sisters new w800i from them a couple of months ago.

Suspended
Absomalutely said:
Afaik, O2 dont do much atall to their phones, at most they'll probably stick an o2 theme + screensaver on there. Both of which you can choose not to use. Thats what they did with my sisters new w800i from them a couple of months ago.

Cheers, o2 it is then! :cool:

Suspended
Vodafone ring me on the 7th of July as thats when they get theres in and I have set a preorder up. The call is to make sure i'm still good for it.

But yes O2 are about the only people no who don't brand their phones as such. They come to you unlocked for any network unlike most.

Common signs are if it has the network suppliers logo on it or custom menus/ buttons.

Associate
I'll be getting one of these. :D

Not until July 21st though as I'm on holiday until then from the 6th and no point having one then when I won't use it to make any calls. :p

Soldato
Spoke to o2 upgrade today and they say they are expecting it by the end of the week, but they have been inconsistent with regards to the times i have asked them previously...

Soldato
cleanbluesky said:
Spoke to o2 upgrade today and they say they are expecting it by the end of the week, but they have been inconsistent with regards to the times i have asked them previously...

thats nothing new then!

i went to the O2 store in Trafford Centre last week, i asked about the k800i and the dopey women says "its not on our system, which probably means that it wont be out for another month". !!!! :rolleyes: :confused:

i want a k800i aswell, but am going to wait till they are out and in regular stock, i cant be doing what i did to get hold of the k750i , that is call everyday for weeks to get one, not worth the hassle!

Associate
tbh, i get the impression k800i's are going to be like gold dust for a month or so, everyones waiting for them.

Sucks :( I'm waiting for one on t-mobile as we speak. Ah well, its not all bad, theyre taking £12 off my monthly bill till I ask for one :D

Soldato
Absomalutely said:
tbh, i get the impression k800i's are going to be like gold dust for a month or so, everyones waiting for them.

Sucks :( I'm waiting for one on t-mobile as we speak. Ah well, its not all bad, theyre taking £12 off my monthly bill till I ask for one :D

think i might be getting mine on friday from the o2 shop local to me :D

Associate
onestopphoneshop are sending me one out tommorow apparently, Wednesday at the latest - will believe it when it happens :)

Caporegime
I spoke to someone from e2save (who have preorders) and she says its not in yet and could take a couple of months, I assume she doesnt know what she's taking about.

I also spoke to someone from O2 upgrades an they say the 29th (thursday) which sounds much more reasonable! :)

Soldato
went in every phone shop today. phones for you, t mobile, vodaphone, orange, o2, carphone warehouse.

the mobile isnt due in til july.... the end of july

Suspended
Hmm, my girlfriend just ordered a k800i on o2 from e2save, and they (o2) are demanding a 100 pound deposit which will be paid back after 6 months.

Is this normal? :confused:

Back
Top Bottom