• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

good gfx card for cs source???

Associate
hi guys looking to build a new system just wondering *** gfx would get me a 100fps on cs source with max detail. i know to get good fps on source it just dosnt depend on what gfx u got but i just need to to know a gfx that is capable of 100fps.

Soldato
css is cpu limited unless you hit aa/af and massive res' combined.

my 7600gt pours out over 100fps on servers with every detail at max at 12x10 when combined with a pentium d at 4.6ghz but my x1900xtx boots out 230 with an x2, so as you can see most high end stuff results in insane fps counts.

7600gt or x1800gto should do the trick.

Caporegime
how come my x2 4800 and my x1900xt get a range of 60fps to 140 fps with every setting on max apart from AA, yet an x800 can get well over 100, are we talking about in game or in the cs source test because i get 207 fps in the test

ob1

ob1

Associate
lay-z-boy said:
tried playing on a decent server?

and why you would play with hdr on beats me, all it does is blind you when you least need it.

Why would you play a game where the gun wont stay still when you fire it, where 1 bullet can end your game and have you staring at the screen for 5 minutes waiting for another go. Those silly silly people :p

Operation wolf > CSS :cool:

Soldato
Psycho Sonny said:
how come my x2 4800 and my x1900xt get a range of 60fps to 140 fps with every setting on max apart from AA, yet an x800 can get well over 100, are we talking about in game or in the cs source test because i get 207 fps in the test
I imagine you are playing in a higher resolution.

Permabanned
lay-z-boy said:
tried playing on a decent server?

and why you would play with hdr on beats me, all it does is blind you when you least need it.

That isnt the point mate. You have just told the guy that he would be able to play with max settings when its not true ;)

Edit :

Let me see your 100 fps on that map then plz :eek:

Last edited:
Soldato
ob1 said:
Why would you play a game where the gun wont stay still when you fire it, where 1 bullet can end your game and have you staring at the screen for 5 minutes waiting for another go. Those silly silly people :p

Operation wolf > CSS :cool:

Because so many people play it and also, some skill is needed in css.

he probably plays @ 540 x 360 res

:rolleyes: oh yeah, how could i forget that.

And you play at 20*10, widescreen 4tw :p

Back
Top Bottom